1st timer this next week

• bigpike

Please post any reports, Our group is headed for Zippel Bay resort, we have portables so we can be mobile. First big ice fishing trip in a couple years. I do have a question, is it true you have to buy a tag for your shack??? Thanks Bill

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Yup, MN requires you pay for a license for your portable. They’re not extremely expensive but the DNR sure seems to like to make sure everyone has one so don’t risk the ticket by going w/o one.

bigpike

Thanks James, any fishing udates from the weekend would be great for us rookies to LOTW…….Thanks in advance

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I talked to Zipple Bay Resort yesterday and they said they are seeing an excellent bite! Please post a report when you get back.

Thanks,, and hope you have a good bite!!!

fritzzz
    hudson

derek, the fish really liked demons, frostys “red glow” and anything gold. jiggin spoons worked great too. i tried a new bait i bought this year, a nils master, sorta like a jiggin rap with a dropper hook, i had action on that tip with a shiner head. are they catching any perch on the flats on mille lacs yet?
    fritzzzz

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Thanks for the report kklund. Havent heard much from the mud. We are still in close. The rocks and gravel are putting out some nice Perch.

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

I’m heading up there thursday night. Anybody have an up-to-date ice thickness report? Thanks in advance. I’ll post a report on Monday when I return, hopefully accompanied by some piggie pics.

Mark

bam_bam
    Badger, MN- not too far from the big pond!

as of monday I saw anywhere between 16-18″ of ice, and it’s been way below zero since then….I’d be guessing that it’s got to be flirting with the 2′ mark by now…..have a good weekend!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.