Who’s planning to make the Rainy River Run…?

• jrl
    dodge co., mn

birchdale is open to big boats now hopefully frontier is pushable for the small boats wedesnday when we get there. and hopefully the river calms down quite a bit also, the current and depth are starting to get a little out of control already according to gail @ clementson’s. to soon for that my biggest walleye’s have been landed in our 14′ aluminum (sea biscuit) also. seems like my kids always out fish me during the summer in the big boat, but that’s just fine with me . another plus to the little boat is we didn’t even burn 4 gallons of gas last year on the water, and ya don’t even no it’s behind truck pulling it. that always results in more money

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I got back last night for the Rainy. The weather was cold, and so was the fishing. 2 days not one bite. I consider myself a pertty good river fisherman and this being my 3rd trip, I couldn’t manage a bite. The water is VERY high and fast. Some places it was moving upt to 6 mph and the main river was about 4-5. The water was a little dark, you could see about 8″-10″ down. There was some debris floating down like grass and weeds but nothing like when the Forks break loose. My personal opinion is that the walleyes aren’t there yet for whatever reason and that current was too fast.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.