Pine Island Reports?

• 49er
    southcentral mn

Just wondering if anyone has a current Pine Island area report? Headed up to fish that area tomorrow for a few days.

Thanks!

49er
    southcentral mn

Well, doesn’t appear there are much for reports in the Pine Island area, so I’ll post a report after I return in case there are others interested or headed up that way. Leaving in 9hrs!!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Good luck, hopefully some stable weather will improve the overall bite I’ve heard about LOTW so far this year.

49er
    southcentral mn

Got back from our LOW trip today. My buddy and I fished the Pine Island area in 35′ and fishing was great. Fished 2.5 days and caught between 80 – 90 fish, mostly walleyes. Most ‘eyes were suspended from 8′ – 16′ below the ice. We used glow red buckshot rattle spoons, gold northland forage minnows, orange swedish pimples and red glow rattlin’ varmints. Tipping with a shiner head worked very well and 95% of our fish came from jigging.

Sizes ranged from 6″ – 23.5″ with most being in the 14″ – 16″ range. Using a flasher was definitely a big key to our success. We even had some good fishing one morning at 5:45am and one evening to 7:30pm.

Excellent trip with a couple fish frys and we brought home our limits of ‘eyes and saugs.

Can’t wait to do it all over again next year!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Thanks for the report. Thats one of the best I’ve heard in months. Thats amazing that almost all of your fish came suspended. I’ve experienced the occasional suspended fish up there too. Keep an eye on those flashers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.