Launch fishing out of wigwam…

• NStanley
    Aitkin MN

Got a chance to jump in with Judy on kevin’s boat on sunday…downrigging seems to be the way to go now. We had a blast with a couple from Lindstrom, MN and their two sons. Water was a bit rough, (very glad to be on a launch) and whenever we headed into the wind we had the occasional big wave over the bow. Had a real good day fishing, lots of quality fish and plenty of eaters too. I think the boats biggest was a couple of 27 plus and lots more in the 20’s, with everybody getting plenty to eat too. I also had my personal best sauger, right at that 20 mark, about one quarter of our fish were saugers and at lest one saugeye. We found a wide variety of colors worked the best, and caught fish at one point or another on just about everything we had down. Over all, a great day to be guided and a good time had by all. Sorry, I found out too late that my old 35 mm camera was out of film! See some of you guys labor day weekend, Nathaniel

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

PDW…did you get into any sturgeon while up there?

NStanley
    Aitkin MN

No we didn’t Brian. And to tell the truth I haven’t heard about any being caught while walleye fishing lately. It might not hurt to check with Judy, though, and I will be talking to her tonight, because I know there was a charity sturgeon tournament some where up there in the river a couple weeks ago. I never heard a word about the fish that were caught for that. Will let you know if I learn anything. Prob see you at the cabin next week.I heard you guys are having a party Nathaniel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.