anybody catchen any thing

• I CATCH BIG FISH
    oakdale,mn

going up next weekend if you can tell me that would be nice.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Don’t know the answer to your question but I want to say Welcome. Great to have you with us. Please feel free to share and post all you want.
    Thanks, Bill

wiskers
    Redwood Falls,MN

I just got back from LOW for a week of wonderfun fishing up there. I was out of Morris Point.. It was awesome to say the least… Started in about 17 feet in the mornings and moved out to 28 in the after noons and evenings….. Hurry and get up there before they take a break.. woooooooohooooooooo

What I found that worked best for us was a red glow jig, a flasher is a must.. I was graphing fish most of the time but I had to jig way up and make them race up to it then hold and wiggle the jig to get them to bite. Most of the fish were good size, I only kept the 15-18″ fish. One big Eye on Friday, 23″ and at least that big around. that fish had to be caught three times before we could get it out of the ice. The first time it bit and got off about 18 feet up.. Grabbed the other rod and jigged up to it on the flasher.. It bit again.. got it to the top of the ice this time but go off again.. I then reeled up my rod to the fish again at about 18 feet and it bit for the third time.. This time I got it out of the water.. It was a beauty. Hope he grows a bit more so I can catch him again.

I CATCH BIG FISH
    oakdale,mn

sounds like you had a fun time.what resort did you stay at?

wigwam
    Lake of the Woods, MN

I finally got out yesterday and di well with white glow gemineye and red glow Shad Raps. We were in 28 FOW. A lot of smaller ones but a very nice 15″-17″ also. We were only out for a couple hours and came in with 8.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I catch big fish…the secret password at Wigwam is…nuts! I forgot it!

Anyway..send Cat a pm and tell her she should start fishing for sturgeon in the spring…she’ll take good care of you a Wigwam.

I guarentee it!

RochCop

We just got back from LOTW and did ok. Got one 26 incher! We were in 29 ft of water. White (green glow) frosties and red glow forage minnows were our hot baits. We went out of LyonSleepers. For what its worth…their customer service was OUTSTANDING! It got down to 28 below and the house was toasty.

I CATCH BIG FISH
    oakdale,mn

I JUST GOT BACK YESTERDAY GOT A 31″ BUT FORGOT THE CAMERA SUCKS

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.