Government Shutdown – WTF

• Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Did they waste all my money?

Please keep the one National Park in Northern MN open – I need to launch my boat there a couple times in June.

Other than that, shut down…I won’t miss it.

I would prefer to be “off the grid”

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Only a few more weeks till the opener…you can make it!

boods
    Lancaster, WI

I believe it happened when Clinton was in office too?

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Yeah, and nobody really noticed!!!

sandmannd

Scare tactic to push agendas. I could care less.

igotone

B the best thing that could happen

When it can not WORK or B fixed SHUT-IT DOWN

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

The whole is thing is out of control They are not there representing the people, they are just behaving like litle children, one group against another. I think both parties should be abolished and people voted in who will represent the people and not their little ‘group’.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Just going to make my commute that much easier

Ron

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

….Coming soon (July) to a state near you.
    Same “kids” playing their clicky games everywhere across the nation.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Shut down averted! Commence wasteful spending!

Our forefathers did an excellent job setting up a non secular government with 3 branches and checks and balances. I just wish they could have had the fore site to see how the government could uncontrollably grow and how special interests, not citizens interests, could rule politics of the day.

I wish there was a US colony somewhere being oppressed so I could go there, join a revolution and then set up a government like we have now, only better. Tweaked to fix some of the problems with what we have today.

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

Very happy the shut down was averted. It would have caused way to many issues.

Putting all the politic’s aside, for once they did accomplish something.

The hard fought cuts are yet to come. That’s when the real battle lines will be drawn.

I also realize some really do not care but one should as it’s our money being wasted.

If we as citizens do not care, who will??

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Quote:

Our forefathers did an excellent job setting up a non secular government with 3 branches and checks and balances. I just wish they could have had the fore site to see how the government could uncontrollably grow and how special interests, not citizens interests, could rule politics of the day.

Actually, they did, future generations choose to ignore their warnings, and also others…

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis de Tocqueville

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.