Need info on Rainy River

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Would like to head up to Rainy River next week, anyone know if the river is open yet or any of the landings?

crossneyes
    central MN

doubtfull i fished the lake last weekend and barely could reach bottom of the ice without extension. Clementson resort gives good daily reports but I think it’s going to be a tuff year to fish river. Hopefully I wrong but will be tuff beat last year.
    Jim

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

http://www.clementsonresort.com/

Best venue I’ve found for Rainy info.

I read that the river was open past Baudette bridge at this time last year….It’s not even to Birchdale yet, going to make for a short “season” this year – Closes April 15 I think.

Fishhound

On 3/16 I was told Rainy River ice is gone from the dam to 11 miles from Birchdale. Hope this helps

rgoi812
    Good hour from whitewater

Call kelly at the falls motel,he either has been down there or had guests fill him in on whats going on possibly. May be worth a shot.

firemedic9
    Hastings, MN

I have been checking clementsons resort web site pretty close. Sounds like Birchdale may be open enough for big boats by the end of the week! Looks like the weather up there will be cold for the next couple days then a warm up. Hopefully it opens soon heading up April 6th-9th. Can’t wait!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.