Adobe on my laptop is corrupted.

• chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I need to download Adobe to my computer again. I may have had a virus that McAfee found and removed, but I believe it corrupted my Adobe program. I seem to remember this being a free download, but when searching I get places that want to charge. Free sites are asking me questions in Spanish so I am wary. Any solid leads where I can re-download Adobe??
    Thanks in advance!

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

same thing happened to my Adobe Flash Player recently…

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

McFee found the same thing on mine.

gary d
    cordova,il

Just got myself a new PC a few days ago and Adobe want me to download 10.1 already. I just X it out because it seems to new to be doing stuff like that.I get one from Windows Internet Explorer to upgrade too! I am not a computor guy so it freaks me out to do a download.

Maybe I did the right thing by X-ing it out!!

Bassn Dan

Quote:

Just got myself a new PC a few days ago and Adobe want me to download 10.1 already. I just X it out because it seems to new to be doing stuff like that.I get one from Windows Internet Explorer to upgrade too! I am not a computor guy so it freaks me out to do a download.
    Maybe I did the right thing by X-ing it out!!

Nooooo. You REALLY want to download legitimate updates to fix bugs that the software companies have identified that leave open your system to hackers. Don’t download “mystery” software from websites that claim that some software you’ve never heard of found a problem on your computer – those are bogus and “x’ing” out of those is the same as accepting the download – do a ctrl-alt-del to close that window.

If you aren’t sure about an update, use the update feature of windows, adobe, etc. within the software itself rather than responding to the pop up messages.

Dan

drechsler
    ia.east side scott co.

i’m having alot of problems with that adobe flash player it constantly pops up up on my home page and freezes everything up, so you have to start all over again. that adobe flash has gotten in to just about everything so that if you don’t have it you can’t watch anything.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yes, always install the updates because most of the minor updates are to fix vulnerabilities.

On a side note, I just took a job where I will be doing Flex work. Flex is the framework developed for Flash application development. I am excited.

walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I will look into it a little more, but it has something to do with the new version of Adobe. The version is number “X” (roman numeral 10) and the virus programs are seeing the x as a Trojan virus. It is no problem, but I believe there is a fix out there for it. I will see what additional info I can find.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

i’m having alot of problems with that adobe flash player it constantly pops up up on my home page and freezes everything up, so you have to start all over again. that adobe flash has gotten in to just about everything so that if you don’t have it you can’t watch anything.

I uninstalled all adobe products and my computer stopped crashing, I think some reinstalled since then I haven’t had any more issues, I had issues for a good 8 months… Now it works fine again.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

I will look into it a little more, but it has something to do with the new version of Adobe. The version is number “X” (roman numeral 10) and the virus programs are seeing the x as a Trojan virus. It is no problem, but I believe there is a fix out there for it. I will see what additional info I can find.

That is exactly what happened to me. It even somehow corrupted my Lexmark scanner. It would preview but not scan. Reloaded Adobe Flash Player, all problems got better.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.