Picture of a sonic boom (A link to one anyways)

• rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

*wow*… way cool….
    Im hoping to capture just THAT kind of shot.. when I put the PUP through the uprights…. *WHOOM*… one thing though… if the jet broke the sound barrier… and the guy said he snapped the shot when he HEARD the boom…. I guess that means that light travels slower than sound? thus the image was still there to take even though the sound had passed by? he must have just been snapping the shot… and got really lucky!…. Id buy that….. Im sure the shot IS the jet breaking the barrier… and its WAY cool… but there seems to be a “hole” in that story….

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

If I’ll ever………in my lifetime, have a cloud like that attached to my backside, rest assured………………. it will have NOTHING to do with being on the receiving end of your foot! While technology has advanced tremendously, those advances apply mostly to Legos, not the wind up, 1950’s erector set used to assemble your bionic hip! Your “Yon Stenarud” is going to need a little more kick than that spicy beverage you have for breakfast! Whadda ya call it again?……………………………MILK? Only a swede!

My question on the photo, if I have to go with the ‘hoax’ mentality, is that film after film has been recorded of astronauts breaking mach 1, 2, and so on………..and I’ve never seen this phenominan exposed by the negatives of a movie film. Why not? Does this “poof” really happen? Do pilots see anything when they hit Mach 1?

I’ll take the position of………….. I don’t know. I haven’t become the world’s authority on sound barriers so I’m going to go with……………WAY COOL PIC!!!! Next Stop? The Twilight Zone.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.