Affinity Plus Credit Union – anyone use them?

• phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

does anyone here on IDO use affinity plus credit union? and if so, what is your experience with them?

i’m looking to change banks possibly, and this is one that is available to me.

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

I have heard many good things. They have very aggressive rates.

Ryan

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I have been with them exclusively for about 4 years now and have been very pleased. I have had accounts with them for about 10 years but moved all my accounts including my mortgage to them about 4 years ago.

My only complaint is that the office locally (Winona) is small and not convenient to me but since I do most of my banking electronically it works fine.

They have been great on loan rates and I left Wells Fargo due to excessive fees and higher rates. They have also been very flexible in dealing with loans. I have financed my last two boats with my truck since it was a much better rate.

Good luck!

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

I live in IGH so I use the Corp headquarter bank off of Hwy 52 near downtown St. Paul and I work in Roseville and use the Roseville facility also. I have been with them for over 15 years and have been totally happy with them. No issues at all …RR

fisherman-j
    Northern MN

Yes, boat a boat through them because they had the best rate I could find (shopped around quite a bit). They also lowered our car payments/rate from a different bank.

Opie
    Coon Rapids, MN

Been with them for over 15 years, back when they were State Capital Credit Union. Have nothing but great things to say. Only negative, just wish they had more offices.

stevew
    Burnsville, MN

Happy customer for years. Like others, I wish they had more offices.

wallii1

I have used them for 5 years in Brainerd. Great people and will have beat any rate you find on loans even if they are much lower. My insurance is even 10% less using a cedit union

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

I have used them for 5 years in Brainerd. Great people and will have beat any rate you find on loans even if they are much lower. My insurance is even 10% less using a cedit union

Just for my interest. When you refer to insurance, what type are you speaking off?

Thanks,

FDR

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I have been with them for 15 years. Excellent service.

Their free ATM network is a little thin but getting better. I don’t really ATM much, so no big deal for me. Also they are always busy when you call. You can wait from 1 – 5 min before you get a person. Once you get on the line, their service is second to none.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Is this the same bank with the radio commercial where the guy wants to make make a deposit and take cash out? The teller takes the cash out, charges a convenience charge for their free service and then deposits the money? I figure a bank that actually plays fair was worth looking into. If this is the same bank, it only has me more curious.

dan-thiem
    Zumbro Falls Mn.

We use that bank too. Been real happy with the service they provide. They even matched the lowest intrest rate we could find on a car loan. That was pretty cool!

dog2th
    Omaha, NE

I knew them as State Capitol CU back in the 90’s. There was a very hot female VP there at the time I used to call on. So I’m not sure about their rates, but I’d still recommend them ….. if you know what I mean.

deerdragger

We’ve banked with them for about 8 years now and have nothing but positive things to say. Great service and very competative rates. When we purchased a vehicle last summer, they did better than match the rate that was offered by a different credit union – they beat it by half a percent.

I’d highly recommend them.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

thanks for all of the replies guys! i’ll swing in there this week and see what they can offer me.

thanks!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.