Monthly Photo Contest

• fishinfool
    mn

I think Rivereyes has a great idea here. Can we get a section for this ? Maybe if Rivereyes wins too many, then he can be the judge for the contest. Fishinfool

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Sounds like a great idea! Count me in as a willing participant!
    Steve

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

will do my best with my digital camera. just havent figured out how to post any pictures though. I have one of the big bass that i caught this winter, but haven’t been able to do it.

i think that river eyes should be the judge. he looks like a ringer to me.

shane

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

dont sell yourselves short… I have seen many nice pix turned in by the anglers on this site… Im sure even if I entered I would NOT dominate the competition… besides… I think the photos should be in someway fishing related… they could be landscapes from a river or lake, then pix of people fishing, catching, or displaying catches… and perhaps still lifes of fishing gear…. that sort of thing…. I mean a photo of an old barn…. or a pastoral landscape… I just dont see how they apply…. and wildlife shots.. I think should be water related…. but those are just general guidelines…. and I dont think you need a judge.. I think they should be picked by popular vote.. afterall if your putting them on a calendar.. you dont want 12 pix that I think are great.. you want 12 pix that the majority of us think are great!…..

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey river,

i really do enjoy the pictures that you submit to this site. I have dialed in just show my wife some of your shots!! I will give you a run for your money though. I have a few stashed, just need to know how to resize them so i can post them.

shane

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

thats cool Shane… appreciate the support.. and the competition!…. some say Im too competitive… but their voices are strangly silent now… j/k!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

thats cool Shane… appreciate the support.. and the competition!…. some say Im too competitive… but their voices are strangly silent now… j/k!

We just don’t want to talk to ya! Let me tell ya about this guy’s level of competition…………. He’s still the regional champion of the One-Handed Clapping Contest and has retired as a 5 time champion and teacher of the One-Legged Butt Kicking Contest! I was once inspired to be an understudy of his but kept winding up being studied under…………….. under the boat as muskie bait!!!

Did you know Shane, that the first time he EVER took me fishing with him, he wrapped my line up in his trolling motor “just to set the mood for the day”??? I finally got back to fishing and I found a lure that worked so he says, “I know just the place to use a lure like that”. Next thing I know, we’re weaving through a stump field, lure breaks off, I switch rigs, he spins the boat “to go back for my lure”……………and puts my line in the troller again! “OOoops……….current’s too strong, can’t get the lure, and my motor won’t start! Guess you’ll just have to get out and push while I get your line out of my troller.”

Can you hear him baiting you? “……….plenty of competition from the other guys………” Don’t fall for it! Take it from a former “PUPil” of his! He doesn’t always look, talk, or smell as smart as he is! He’ll make it all good fun…………and it will be, until he can resist temptation NO MORE and THWOOOMP! Somebody’s through the goal posts!!! My back half STILL looks like it’s got a kick stand under it!!! Mom always said, “you shouldn’t play tag with a kicker!”

Okay…………… if that don’t wake the ol’ cybervamp, I’m gonna have to go chew his new boots!

This hijacking is brought to you by: Pup-Eye Adventures, Inc.

Inge
    West Central WI

Gents,
    great idea. While I might not have many to post its alot of fun looking at them. So just for fun… here is your truely 10 days ago, mucking around with a buddy in the Gulf. Didn’t catch anything much, but whats the fish?

Inge
    West Central WI

Umm sorry but the jpg I tried to attached didn’t show in my previous post…will have to try again…
    Inge

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well even if he is baiting me, I will come prepared, just like the last boyscout. I will have my hooks sharpened, and double or triple of the same lure to be sure that he can’t keep me from out fishing him. ha ha ha. see try telling the wife that i need to have 2 tackle boxes full of lures for this reason, and for some reason, she can’t understand it. who knows, maybe she should go down and see the river and see how many lures get lost in that water.

as far as taking pictures, to be honest, I would love to see how well it works taking some great pictures. i will try to take some cool shots. who knows, might even come close to being a kicker. ha ha ha

thanks for the chuckle still, it put a smile on my face. next time have more lures and another pole.

shane

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

hmmmm dont it figure… toss down a gauntlet… and some ol pup will come and chew it up!!

and with all his barking its hard fur a body ta think!….

less see… um.. nope I was the champ of one handed SLAPPING… (gotta slap some sense into them Pups!)…. and OF COURSE one legged butt kicking… unless you happen to stand on FOUR legs… just who can kick butt with TWO of them??

as for using him for musky bait… well I tried that, but all I could git was sheepies…. which is about the time he came up with the crazy idea that thez good eatun?

and OK… so what… I showed the PUP a lil lesson in boat control…. I mean… common.. with him yappin in the front of the boat it was hard fur a body ta think… so I figured if’n I could keep him busy maybe I could actually fish fur a bit!! is it any wonder I took up photography these days? thats what a PUP will drive ya too after a while…… kant ewe guys sea that??

an anudder thing…. ya dang ol rambunctous pup… you stay away from muh new boots!!…. why dya think I had to get NEW boots in the first place??

an finally there PUP… who said that quote at the end of your tirade?? KG?? Kevin Garnet? really? kewl….

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

You are truly a marvel of creation Rivereyes! I mean, You’re AMAZING! How can the same guy put so much detail into one picture and still write a conjumbled mess like the one above? Maybe you should wanna get a couple more of those lenses and replace your glasses? Oh…………. wait a minute…………..I forgot. They haven’t invented digital glasses yet so they’re not compatible!

That’s okay, Qui Chang’s mastah couldn’t see so good either and look how he turned out. He even got a TV show! Talk about getting into “pictures”! HEY! Maybe there’s a future for you too!?!? The “Tu” Mastah Twins, Hu Blonde and Hu Blind? Doesn’t matter…………… they both have Nao Hu Mor’s disease and can’t cook!

I just got an amazing picture idea! Picture Rivereyes being phunny! No wait…………. being good looking………….that’s even more amazing!! Do the entries have to be of realistic content?

Fishing pics or fishing related pics…………. that’d be cool. Would that include pictures of the “ani-mule” fishing with you? I sometimes go with this stubborn “ol’ goat” that lives about 30 minutes north of me………. and he may be the the last of the Mo-Beechins………….a true rarity! He’s got a great heart when he winds it up though!

Well………………time to go scratch on the door and see who lets me out.

Disclaimer: This hijacking is brought to you by……… Pup-Eye Adventures, Inc.

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

Talk about a Conjumbled mess…. WHAT ARE YOU TALKIN ABOUT? I personally don’t know how good you are at fishin, but I most admit you have an interesting knowledge of the “ENGLISH” language. j/k

fishinfool
    mn

WE REGULAR CUSTOMERS TO THE SITE DONT EVEN TRY TO UNDERSTAND THE GIBBERISH THESE 2 CONJURE UP . WE JUST HUMOR OURSELVES LIKE READING THE LAST PAGE OF OUTDOOR LIFE. FISHINFOOL

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

have you every heard the saying “watch the fur fly”?
    well it should be noted that I DONT have fur… but PUPS? hmmmm maybe not after this!!
    well…. looks like I should have plenty of interesting photo ops if we do this contest thing…. in fact I guess I will have to start “practicing” right away… I kind of like action shots… and I DO think that the good people here would be entertained by a photo of the Pup sailing through the uprights of a football goal post… of course timing is everything in such shots… so no doubt there will be test shots, shots and reshots…. and of course the Pup seldom does anything right the first time.. he will probably do things like “miss, wide to the right” “miss, wide to the left” “Miss, crashing into the goal post” I would say this “could get ugly”…. but with the Pup as the subject I guess thats a given…. fortunatly I know enough about PP work (post processing and/or Pathetic Pups) that I should be able to make it work (eventually)….. of course you cant make a good omlett without breaking a few eggs… (or in this case bones!)… but fortunatly being a Pup he probably knows how to heal (yeah… sure!)….
    well I better not make this much longer or my furry nemesis will have to take all day reading it… with big words like “the, I, and, to”… to sift through….

well.. time to start building a gallows… errrr I mean goal post…..

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Just so this thread doesn’t go to total waste, why don’t we just place a post like “March Photo Entries” and “April Photo Entries” and so on…………..and even if there’s no prizes, it’d be fun activity that I think a lot of us would enjoy! I’m guessing somebody got some good shots of the snow today? It was beautiful for awhile! We could still vote and pick winners and just think, if a calendar ever did come around, we’d have all those pics already out there for the choosing! What do you guys think?

As for Rivereye’s last retort, I’m not on my game today and I got nothin’. Granted, what I had before wasn’t much anywhooo. But sooner or later, the dust will settle from the brainstorm and I’ll have to come out chasing my tail on his front porch again……………see if the ol’ bugger’s got any juice left in his ghord. Every now and then I think I just hear a bunch of “rattle-rattle-rattle” but it would seem he still has some juice left. ……………………… Or does that just mean the tater’s gone bad?

Usually, we get into these little “storylines” preceding a fishing trip. Hmmmm…………..I wonder if he’d be up for it? Dare I play with madness??? Soooon…………………veeeeerrrrry sooooooon, I just may have to open his door of opportunity! Just as soon as he gets that walker outa the way……….I don’t wanna knock him over. The melon’s already a bit on the soft side…………..I wouldn’t want it to Humtpy Dumpty on him!

Thinking about this little confrontation…………and realizing those wrestler guys don’t have anything on us. We duke it out over water, with current, and have motors, electrical clasps, rods, nets, and lures for weapons! Hmmmm…………… can you imagine The Rock challenging someone to a “Mississippi Death Match?” We’d be on our way to rebuilding Roman Collesiums (sp?) with that action!

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

dont know if anyone got snow pix of this last beautiful snow or not!… but I always think its tough getting snow shots….. heres my fav of this winter….

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

though I kind of like this one too

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

this shot was taken out of my window the day after the last snow storm..

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Yo man……….. #1 and #3 ROCK! The second one is missing “da Turdy Poin’er” courtin’ a doe!

Hey! James got a graemlin that fits us well! ->

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I like this one for Wallpaper. I’m sure most of you know where it is.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.