NEED A GOOD IOWA ATTORENY

• BASSTRACKER1
    Iowa

Well guys I split up with my girlfriend back in November. We have a son together and she will not let me see him. So you know what that means I need a Good Attoreny that is Lic. to pratice Family Law in Iowa. I’m sure some of you have gone threw this battle. I live in Mc Gregor Iowa so the closer the better. Please any help here would be nice I miss my Little fishing buddy. Also would like to add if you help me I will help you find fish this summer

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

You realize, of course, that “a good attorney” is an oxymoron of the highest order!
    Good Luck,
    Geronimo

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Before we flood the thread with “the only good lawyer is a dead lawyer” jokes, this is no laughing matter and I’d like to with you and your little one all the best.

Using children as a tool of revenge will win anyone top spot on my s@!# list.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Gianni knows of what he writes. This very thing happened to me, causing more damage than can be described here. Years later, the relationships are still not fully healed.
    Geronimo

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

oops…

with = wish

Gianni doesn’t always know of what he writes.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Gianni,
    That is true of the EyeJacker also, however I never admit it!
    Geronimo

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Best thing to do is check locally for reference from parents who have been in this spot before. There are also some parent’s rights websites on the internet that can give you some direction. Get references, get a lawyer, and be prepared to pay, but you definately need a lawyer in this situation.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

As the old proverb says “Hades (Literary License ) hath no fury as a woman scorned”! Retaining a lawyer is definately a priority.
    Geronimo

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Here is a link to the Iowa Bar Association. There is a lawyer referral button to help you out. Also there is a request a lawyer option where you can put in your info, including what your legal issue is, and it says to make sure to tell the lawyer that you were reffered there so they charge you only $25.00 for the first 1/2 hour.

http://www.iowabar.org

Hope this helps. My father was a lawyer for 35 years before he passed away, and I can honestly say that they do perform a necessary function in todays society. Although some are crooks, most are really good people.

Thanks,

Steve

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Hey Basstracker,

Send me a PM and I’ll tell you what I know about the attorneys in your area. You’re probably looking at Decorah and Waukon. If you’re willing to drop down to say Elkader I know some there too.

The Esox.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

The most important thing you and your girlfriend can do for your child is to get along with each other and never argue while he is around. A child in this position feels very insecure and is caught in the middle of this as he loves ”both” his mom and dad. He doesn’t want to be hurt, doesn’t want to hurt either of you, and very much needs you both. Its very important that your son is never put in a sitsuation where he must choose either parent. He loves both of his parents and its very important that he has time with both of you. I have gone through a divorce before and we have kept things decent for our 4 childrens sake. Thats a must for your children. I raised my 3 youngest children myself since we divorced and would of loved to have had my oldest son with me too. Being a father is a very important role and one that I love doing and being. If you can settle things nicely and get along for your childs sake it will be much better for all of you. My prayers are with you. Take care.

Thanks, Bill

BASSTRACKER1
    Iowa

Thanks guys for all the support. This is a tough situation for me and in the end my son is the only one as you know that will be hurt by all this. I cant wait to go fishing and take my mind off all this. My son needs me and I will be there for him.

Thanks Again

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Quote:

The most important thing you and your girlfriend can do for your child is to get along with each other and never argue while he is around. A child in this position feels very insecure and is caught in the middle of this as he loves ”both” his mom and dad. He doesn’t want to be hurt, doesn’t want to hurt either of you, and very much needs you both. Its very important that your son is never put in a sitsuation where he must choose either parent. He loves both of his parents and its very important that he has time with both of you. I have gone through a divorce before and we have kept things decent for our 4 childrens sake. Thats a must for your children. I raised my 3 youngest children myself since we divorced and would of loved to have had my oldest son with me too. Being a father is a very important role and one that I love doing and being. If you can settle things nicely and get along for your childs sake it will be much better for all of you. My prayers are with you. Take care.
    Thanks, Bill

and if i can add on to what Bill has said, be a bigger person and don’t belittle or put down your girlfriend to get him to like you best. I had that happen when my mother and father divorced, and I am still trying to figure out what is fact or fiction. I gave up, but when i was a kid, i was always affraid of my father because of what my mother had said. my father didn’t get into the game much, but every chance my mother got she would put my father down. I still get it, I am now 30, and every time she sees me, she tells me that i look exactly like my father and she despises him. how do you think that makes me feel, even at 30, pretty unwanted. give you kid support, be there for him/her, and never put down or make rude comments about the other around him. otherwise you will be paying for counseling also

shane

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.