Ask and you shall be rewarded

• fishinfool
    mn

I posted this on general because some of you may recall my situation. Today was the first day my second oldest son deer hunted with me since my first son passed away 7 years ago. Brian the second oldest has always hunted with his close friends and I have always hoped he would go once with me but didnt want to get in the way of friends and good times.

Today while sitting in the stand, I said to my oldest son in heaven that I didnt care if I got a deer but would like to see Brian get one.. At 1015am I heard two shots. Low and behold Brian got a 8 point mature buck…

Some days ya just gotta say thanks and shed a tear over it, whether its coincidence or not, it sure makes your day and his.

Enjoy the rest of the season folks, my tag is filled with happiness.

FISHINFOOL

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

That’s fantastic! Beautiful Deer!

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Very cool Congrats

marbleye2
    Eagle Lake, MN

That is awesome. I can relate to some degree. I lost my 18 year old son to a car accident in February. We liked to hunt pheasants together and of course I missed him terribly on opener. Opening morning at 9:01, a minute into the season, a rooster flushed and I dropped it with a single shot. I just had to shake my head and smile knowing that I was still hunting with Dustin even though he’s no longer with me in body.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

That is an awesome buck Jeff tell him congrats on a great deer!
    Thanks for sharing you story here with us.

fishinfool
    mn

As Marbleye said, you just smile and shake your head. When you have more than one situation over the years of loved ones gone and things happening at the right time, you start to believe in the supernatural stuff alot more.
    Like BK had with dragonflys and his mother-inlaw.

Its all in my head? Well it could be, but right now its in my heart and thats where it counts.

FISHINFOOL

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Way cool stuff right there

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.