Motorola Droid 2 vs. HTC Incredible

• sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

My wife and I are thinking of upgrading to a smartphone, we can get a great deal on either of these two phones.
    I have heard reception issues with the HTC Incredible.

Please give us your thoughts and imput.

Thanks,
    Ron

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I’ve had no reception issues w/the Incredible, but the battery life is pathetic….charging every 4-6 hours depending on usage.

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

I had the driod 2 and then switched to the incredible recently . Battery life blows with any droid or HTC phone or motorola. There are things you can do to extend the life of your battery like turning off the GPS function ect. Mine has been off the charger for at least 6 hours today with moderate use. I do recommend getting a car charger in addition to the wall charger. I love the incredible because it does not have that stupid slide screen/keyboard. In my pocket it kept opening and dialing people I had no desire to speak to . The incred is great for the pocket. Other than that they are the same thing .

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I hate to take this post off topic, but for current droid users or any smart phone. Download the advance task killer, it will save your battery life. I have the original droid, I have no battery problems during the day with this app running. It was a free app as well.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

The droid x has the best battery life… I’ve had an incredible… and an eris… won’t ever own a htc phone again…

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Ron,

If you plan to use these devices to access corporate email systems, specifically Microsoft Exchange servers, I would steer clear of the Incredibles. We have just replaced all 5 of ours due to sync issues. Known issue for HTC with no fix in sight.

Look into the Droid X, unless you want the full qwerty keyboard the Droid 2 has to offer.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Ron,

If you plan to use these devices to access corporate email systems, specifically Microsoft Exchange servers, I would steer clear of the Incredibles. We have just replaced all 5 of ours due to sync issues. Known issue for HTC with no fix in sight.

Look into the Droid X, unless you want the full qwerty keyboard the Droid 2 has to offer.

I have been using my incredible since July, and it is synching with exchange. I have not had one issue with this phone, it is by far the best “smart phone” i have ever used. and two of my coworkers use the HTC Evo, and have not had one issue either.

HTC still has the best layout versus motorola and samsung, and as far as battery life goes – they all suck. you are running a mini computer, on a cell phone battery.

i_da_woman
    Wisconsin

Jerome and I recently upgraded to the Droid X and absolutely love them!

whittsend

Slider – I also just got an X and love it!

I haven’t owned the other phones, though, so I can’t compare. Love the bigger screen of the X, and as of yet I have never had any issues with it being “too big”.

Amazing what these phones can do!

Mike

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I have the Droid 2 and really like it. I think I posted in another thread that I have an X. I didn’t want a touch screen only phone. I had some software geek go through and get it all “tricked out.” The task killer helps battery life too. I make it a day and a half on and off it all day.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Which one has the HDMI output? Anyone try playing video or viewing images from your phone on your TV?

whittsend

My X does… I haven’t tried it yet. Just got the micro HDMI to HDMI cord a little while back… Video and photos are Ok to good as far as phone pics go. (video is supposed to be 720). pics are 8mp or something like that. But I have yet to connect the HMDI and view on the bigscreen. Word is you can’t just use the TV as a monitor to view all of the goings on the phone… you can just play your videos, pics, etc… That’s what I gathered, but it’s untested by me, so could be false.

I like the X so far. The Big screen is really nice.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

If you plan to use these devices to access corporate email systems, specifically Microsoft Exchange servers, I would steer clear of the Incredibles. We have just replaced all 5 of ours due to sync issues. Known issue for HTC with no fix in sight

Kooty,

what exchange issues are your referring too? We’ve had no problems w/the Incredible in this regard. Motorola’s are the phones with KNOWN exchange connection problems..

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Word is you can’t just use the TV as a monitor to view all of the goings on the phone…

You’d look silly trying to launch your apps by touching the TV screen anyway.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

You’d look silly trying to launch your apps by touching the TV screen anyway.

You didn’t have to post that here for everyone to see…did you?

Kooty is off to the high country for the weekend. So if he doesn’t get back with you Slop…that’s the reason. Or he’s touching the wrong portion of the TV screen.

yetiwalleye

Love my htc evo, simply amazing.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Droid X here, Bud.

Maybe I’ll swing up after work and let play with it, that is only if I get my can of Busch Light back!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.