Contractor needed

• skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I hope nobody minds me asking on this website, but I’m in danger of really getting my wife mad at me. I have been working (NOT) on finishing a bathroom in the basement. All I need to do is to spray texture the ceilingt and the walls. All of the walls in my house have the orange peel texture on them, and she want’s this in the bathroom also. So, does anyone here either do that sort of thing, or know of someone who does that’s looking for a small side job? I have a buddy who does, but he’s making himself difficult to get ahold of. Sorry if this post doesn’t belong. If it’s inappropriate, just delete it.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Jira

Is it “orange peel” as in “knockdown” or as in particulate in the paint? The age of the house would help identify if you don’t know.

This is Knockdown
    (Note it can be heavy or thin… this is moderate to heavy)

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

–J–, It’s orange peel as in knockdown. House was built in 1998.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Jira

If you have the time and inclination, I truly believe that you can do the knockdown yourself. It’s not hard, your can’t screw it up, and if you make a mistake you just wipe it off the wall while wet and respray. All you need is a $45 hopper from Menards, a compressor, a bucket of lightweight joint compound, and a gallon of primer. If you want a detailed walkthrough, let me know. (I just did my 750sq ft basement ceiling and 2 large closets myself and I’m a computer geek. )

Here’s a pic of my (under construction still) ceiling:

In case you want to hire a contractor to do it, I’ll PM you a name. I have a few buddies that work for a very good drywall company here in the metro who do some nice sidework.

Hope that helps,

JJ

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well guys, i hope that you don’t get too mad at me, but if you know of anyone in the minneapolis area that needs some painting done, send me a pm and get my info. I have been a professional painter going on 15 years. looking for some cash jobs this spring.

thanks

shane

Jira

Shane — you saying you don’t like the Viking purple!?!?

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

The color looks great.

Gator Hunter

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Steve you can get everything you need at a rental house with out having to buy the hopper. Easy to do. Just try your pattern out on a large piece of cardboard until you get what you like then go to town.If you feel a little nervous about it a good home improvement book should help out.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

The only problem I have is finding the time. I just don’t have it. I got a good deal from Nate Caldwell here. So thanks for all of the answers, but I think we’ll have it covered.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well i don’t mind the purple that much, just more partial to the maroon and gold, or even the white, green,red of the MN wild. but not purple!!

shane

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Did Nate do a good job for you?
    Thanks, Bill

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Bill,
    Yes, he did. It looks awesome. We got it painted, and I have the stool and vanity in. If I hadn’t met him at the door, and the fact that there is stuff sprayed on the walls, I wouldn’t have known that he was there. Everything was taped and he didn’t leave any footprints in the white carpet! (that last part was my wife’s discovery!)
    So, yes. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs some work done.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

just a reminder, I am also a painter and looking for some extra work. if anyone would like to get an estimate for work, just pm me and I will give you a call.

thanks

shane

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Hey guys, as long as we’re doing some self promotion here I may as well throw my hat in the ring as well. I have been a painter off and on for over 30 years and am taking work for the 2004 season. we have a full crew, are insured , offer free estimates and are taking work within 60 miles of Alma which includes Red Wing and Rochester. This is a full time operation not weekend warriors. I can be reached by PM or 608-685-4842 or e-mail [email protected]

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Quote:

just a reminder, I am also a painter and looking for some extra work. if anyone would like to get an estimate for work, just pm me and I will give you a call.

thanks

shane

can be reached at [email protected], and also at 763-783-1791.

Jira

Do I smell the 1st Annual IDA Painting Tourney?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.