Lund paint numbers

• drifter295
    Hastings MN

The gentleman I sold my ProV to just called and asked me if it’s possible to obtain touch up paint for the bottom of his boat, he put some scratches on it and wants to make it pretty again. Does Lund sell touch up paint for the hull? It’s a silvergrey color, can I get the numbers for the color code and maybe have a body shop mix some for him? I’m just trying to help but really don’t know an answer for him, this place usually has the know how to get it done….thanks Pk

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

A few years back I had purchased some right from Lund for painting a gentleman’s boat, we ended up painting the whole boat because the NEW paint was brighter,for the older paint faded.
    I am NOT sure if one still purchase LUND paint or not.

I had to go this route to get a contact number…. [email protected]

stevenoak

Problem matching Lund paint is it is semitransparent.Atleast on the one I repaired.It’s so thin you get a reflection off of the aluminun.We repaired an Alaskan a few years ago.Matching the ”effect” of the color {blue}was not a option. So we isolated damaged area with a stripe and painted grey to match Yammie motor.Did other side the same.Came out really cool.One of a kind,also didn’t have to order new decals.Most all auto paint stores have color scanners that will get a close match,and most will mix touch up bottles for 10 or 15 dollars.Match will not be perfect but will help chips.Long scratches not so much.

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

Its probably not an option in this situation but Lund used to have a repaint decal option where they would repaint and decal your boat to the current year colors and decals. But I dont know if that is still available. I have no idea of cost either.

mbear
    Dunn County, Wisconsin, USA

I just bought some touchup paint from paintscratch.com for my 2002 Lund. Although they state that the color is not an exact replacement, the color I just got looks pretty close to me. They sell varoius sizes of containers- scratch pens , spray cans, primer, top coats, etc..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.