It never just ‘rains’ anymore….

• blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

What happened to a good ol’fashioned rain…?? It seems like every weather front we get yields downfall totals from .5″ to 2″+. It’s just getting old. In fact, so much so, I may just wave the white flag and hang up the Bass tackle early. Not that I want to, but looking at another river forecast where river is going to approach the flood stage mark, this may the straw that breaks the back.

I know one thing, I’m looking forward to hard water season.

Right now, looking out at the rain gushing down the driveway, I’m missing the old fashioned rain. Hoping we can escape these “monsoon season” storms we’ve been experiencing. I’ll be praying these weather patterns don’t carry over into the winter season. Not sure I have the desire to shovel this much snow….

wkw

I hear ya Fleck. River up, river down. Poor fish don’t know if they’re afoot or horseback.
    wkw

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

I , for one.. hope that we don’t have an INCH of SNOW.. for the whole year.. not even at Christmas.. I could care if its Cold.. but NO.. NO SNOW..

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

We must be on the edge of it in Sparta. So far there has been no wind, somewhat of a flash show, and a soft rain.

I hate to here it is pouring by the river, it has definitely been a hit and miss open water season for me

If we get dumped on like this for the hard water season…….we better be praying for some hard ice before it gets here!

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Was just down on the MN near New Ulm last weekend and the river was out of it’s banks. Watching the way this rain is tracking, and dumping 2″? Sheesh, it is going to be flood stage soon.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

All I know is a short time ago, it was an inland monsoon here in Holmen. Now that is is dark, I am too afraid to look and see if it is still pouring or not. I am not likely getting on the water again and even I feel for the guys trying to fish the river this year.

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Driving rain & wind for a solid 30 minutes at mi casa this evening as well.

I fear any major accumulations of snow this winter.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It just keeps training to the south of us here. Southern Minnesota is getting drenched.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Blue – I take full responsibility for the rain that’s on its way. I have two jobs running that are in the exact same stage. Siding applicators are scheduled for 7:00am Thursday morning. Naturally it wouldn’t be fun if they had a nice cool overcast day to work in. It just gets more interesting when they are ankle deep in goop and the ladders sink in to the second rung
    Hopefully the river is down by Novemebr. So far, no signed contracts for anything after these two projects. Might have time to go fishing again

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

Quote:

It just keeps training to the south of us here. Southern Minnesota is getting drenched.

that is not always a bad thing, with hunting season here…

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Picked the wrong time to dump all of my decoys. Every nook and pothole will have standing, mallard inviting water in it.
    Going to be interesting to fish the fall walleye with high levels. October is setting up to be a bear. November might be big fish time though……….I hope!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

We must be on the edge of it in Sparta. So far there has been no wind, somewhat of a flash show, and a soft rain.

I lied

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Here are your radar estimates.

I wonder if it would have been worse if that line was more north sitting over the Minnesota that flows into the Mississippi?

whittsend

Radio weather service cyborg said 8+ inches locally in some spots. A few highways are shut down around the Arcadia area, and they are evacuating homes… More rain on its way it sounds like.

Ouch…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I hear ya. We got 1.5 just over night and its still coming down strong.

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

enough, already!!!
    just when the big river starts to settle down, we get another round of this …

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

I had enough standing water in my grass to cast a spinnerbait and have it be in water the whole cast..

and that’s saying something since my property is 50 feet above the highway in front of my house..

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Tell me about it. Local crick was well, well over its banks as of 6AM this morning, with more rain coming. Not to mention, it typically takes 4-8 hours for that water to spike. Everyone was hoping for an early harvest…..that won’t happen in my neck of the woods unless we get sun and wind for about 2 weeks straight.

Joel

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Quote:

Quote:

Tell me about it. Local crick was well, well over its banks as of 6AM this morning, with more rain coming. Not to mention, it typically takes 4-8 hours for that water to spike. Everyone was hoping for an early harvest…..that won’t happen in my neck of the woods unless we get sun and wind for about 2 weeks straight.

Joel

What’s a crick ???

Definitions of crick on the Web:

•a painful muscle spasm especially in the neck or back (`rick’ and `wrick’ are British)
    •twist (a body part) into a strained position; “crick your neck”
    •English biochemist who (with Watson in 1953) helped discover the helical structure of DNA (1916-2004)
    wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

•A painful muscular cramp or spasm of some part of the body, as of the neck or back, making it difficult to move the part affected. (Cf. catch.)
    en.wiktionary.org/wiki/crick

•Francis Crick is a British biophysicist, who with his colleague, American biochemist James Watson, discovered the double helix structure of DNA, the molecule that carries a living thing’s genetic code in the form of genes (1953). …
    http://www.abc.net.au/science/slab/consconf/glossary.htm

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Please tell me you are just giving him a hard time.

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Quote:

Please tell me you are just giving him a hard time.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I’m with ya blue… I’m done on the Sippi till ice fishing…

there saying 23 feet here in PdC by next weekend

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

What’s a crick ???

Definitions of crick:

A crick is longer and deeper than a brook, but not as wide as a creek.

Not to be confused with a crook.

Everyone knows that!

-J.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

What’s a crick ???

Definitions of crick:

Not to be confused with a crook.

Everyone knows that!

-J.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

I’m with ya blue… I’m done on the Sippi till ice fishing…

there saying 23 feet here in PdC by next weekend

That must mean there will be at least 3fow where we icefished the GTG

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Heck yes JJ. Pat had his WI dikshunary out again.

Joel

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Quote:

Heck yes JJ. Pat had his WI dikshunary out again.

Joel

Wow you Sota boys that talk funny and make up words stick together

The crick by Joels house is now a creek then

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Thanks Pug, i’ve been looking for this for awhile. The old backyard rain gauge stops at about 2 inches.

Joel

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

After getting a fire call last night to evacuate the Mantorville park due to flooding, and watching the rain continue, I need to go home and make sure my ark will float. Holy Man this stuff has got to stop

Thanks for the laugh Jon

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.