Where is all the vikings banter?

• John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Almost an entire day since being Favred (a verb meaning pretty much anything related to losing because of bone headed plays by Brent), and there has not been a single comment about anything Vikings related.

What’s up with that? Viking nation go on vacation?

Are you still considering him the savior and personal driver of the super bowl bus? Or is there a QB of the future poised to take over soon? Just curious.

No disrespect to the Vikings, but I’m glad Favre is your headache now. Too bad for you he looks like he is returning to his old form. He’ll win some games for you, but he’ll lose just as many for you in a normal year.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

My prediction here at work was a 7-9 record. I honestly don’t see how we get 7 wins this year.

If we get anything out of this whole Farvra experience, it will be ability to bring back the MVP post on occasion just to reminisce about how quickly one man can go from idol/god status to a most hated enemy who no one in WI wants to admit to worshiping.

The Vikings are getting what they deserve for resting our hopes on the shoulders of a 40 year old QB with no real effort to improve at this position. The lightning in the bottle must have squeaked out over the summer.

Looks like a year for the Bear and Packer fans to enjoy so far.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Last year we got Purple Jesus, this year we got the 2008 Jets Favre. I am starting to doubt that he has much left in the tank, or that he can see more than 20 yards downfield.

I say start working Joe Webb into some games. That kid is supposed to be a freak of nature.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Grovel…. Grovel

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Not much to banter about at this point. I just don’t think Favre is totally into this season. he just does not seem to have the same fire as he did last year. I’m not sure he was not talked into doing something that he really did not want to do. That plus a bad coach and add in a week receiver pool oh and ya a overrated o line and you get what we have – a average team at the best. I think they still can have a good to great year but they better may some changed and improvements soon.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

As that famous “American” Reverend Wright once said, “Yo chickens have come home to roost!!”

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Quote:

As that famous “American” Reverend Wright once said, “Yo chickens have come home to roost!!”

Yup, but they took a long detour through the NFC Championship, the playoffs and basically one play away from the superbowl.

Not too bad of a trip if you ask me.

It was worth every moment, and I’d certainly pay one lackluster year for it.

BTW, this looks a lot like the beginning of last year, just with a little less luck.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Maybe you should open one of the other threads if you are wondering where the banter is.

The ship will right itself…despite Childress.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

With the exception of the Harvin int…the two other picks were thrown on the defender side of the receiver, not over their heads where only the receiver can get it. To me, that was a glaring representation of the fact that Brett maybe should have stayed retired this year. Gotta hand it to him for last year, it was a fun ride! But I too feel cheated as a fan for their lack of investment into the future. Oh well…This is what we get as long as we are stuck with Chili.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

You think the ankle is hurting him more than he is letting on? Seems like a big drop off from last year. Too much in fact that I know he’ll get better…as long as he stays healthy.

bigpike

Quote:

You think the ankle is hurting him more than he is letting on? Seems like a big drop off from last year. Too much in fact that I know he’ll get better…as long as he stays healthy.

Might have something to with age. He was the first over 40 QB to win a playoff game last year. I think Viking nation was expecting a little to much for him to even come close to what he did last year. The odds are just stacked against him…

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I’m actually wondering if it is his arm…His deep throws just don’t seem to have the strength to get where they need to be. Hey, 2 games, I’ll cut him some slack… But I imagine a lot of the effects are cumulative, like his ankle, bicep, back, etc.

Trouble-Hook

THIS IS the essence of Brett Favre on display. As a Packer fan I admired him until, only late in his career there, did we realize it was Brett playing for only his own ego. That was the part that stung. And when Minnesota snapped him up, when he willingly defected because he thought it would further his cause, how could you still respect him. Had he gone elsewhere after the years of rivalry, so be it. But then not to have the stones to say “I’m retired” and stay there, so finally realize, what the man morphed into. Until now, always a physical gem. Lost my vote on the defection. And ya, Chili ain’t doing you guys any favors hanging on to the T-Jack. Rosenfels was at least a serviceable QB. Another ego that needs to be dealt with.
    But there are still 14 games to go, no trophies have been handed out yet. Check back in after ten games.

josh_holliday
    Oxford, Wi

how did he say that in his interview ” it’s not for lack of effort ” and he is correct he doesn’t even have to try to turn the ball over it comes naturally!!!! everyone needs to come to terms that he was great but he is on his way down and weather it’s his ankle or bicep or what ever it is time to let it go and have peolpe remember how great he was before they remember how bad he became.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Kooty for President, where do I sign up to get some of those Vote for Kooty signs for the yard?

big_g
    Isle, MN

I find it hard to believe you can go from the year he had last year, to what he has so far this year… if the season was 2 games long, I would agree with alot of what has been said.. but fact is, there is 14 more games. I have the glasses on, and feel he is now having his training camp and preseason pains. Let’s face it, last year he worked during the off season, was working during training camp…. this year, he might have been fishing ??? If the season was 2 games long, man it would make a short year…. what’s with all the purple giving in already ??? As bad as we looked, we could have easily won either game, in my opinion I too will wait until week 4 or 5 to come to any conclusions. BTW.. the Packers and Bears and even the Lions look good too Tough division this year

big G

nailbender

I am a dedicated Vikings fan. Always have been and always will be until they move. I thought they made a huge mistake last year going after Favre. This year is an even bigger mistake. I’ll still watch them and anxiously wait for the next chapter. Favre was a good quarter back as long as he had the right players around them. Daunte was a good quarter back with the right players also.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I was told tonight about a press conference tomorrow about a certain 40 year oldwho is retiring.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Wonder if he will cry, again…

bigpike

I wonder if this is just more drama and he un-retires by the end of the week after the Vikings trade for Jackson and sweeten his contract a little and fly the private jet down to Hattisburg and ESPN plays all his greatest and not so greatest moments I honestly can see any and all of these things happening

big_g
    Isle, MN

Funny thing is…. you will be glued to the TV when it does finally happen…. the man love the cheese had for him, can’t be broken that easily

That which/who we talk about all the time, is what is most important to us

big G

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Bert???????????—— who dat???????
    oh the one with 4 turnovers wait til Denna see’s all that bruises on his dillywacker after this year.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Again … fixation … Mike Stephens=Brett Favre…. fixation…. it’s gonna be hard to keep track of you, bopping from one Vikings and Favres post to the next, I know you don’t want to miss a chance to show your love( closet love) The best thing to do is admit it…. then maybe you can begin to heal It must hurt alot….

One thing I can suggest… 90% of the posts on IDO about football, are about the Vikings… if you surf enough, you might find one about the Fudgepack.. try to focus on your team and how they might try to snatch a win from the Vikings this year… your energy would be better spent, as what your doing now, you did last year and it got you your azz handed to you twice… and in your own house for that matter and also on national Television. We all have 9/11, but you also have 10/05….. You need help, reach out….

big G

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I thought they made a huge mistake last year going after Favre.

Did you dedicate any time to watching last year? We were an extra layer of stick’em on Peterson’s arms from going to the Super Bowl and then who knows. Favre was a big part of the closer wins last year. Not to mention, if you believe what the Packers are saying this year, he was enough of a distraction against them that we got 2 wins and it put us 1 game above them for the division title.

Any FOOTBALL fan who says Favre was a bad idea last year and/or was responsible for us failing in the Conference Championship, is clueless (people in general, not an attack on you). And given what he did with the team and our options, anyone who questions us wanting him back, well I just don’t know what to say other than people must be judging on emotion and not on the facts.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

110 yards and 155 yard passing. That was Favre’s production in the 1st 2 games last year. The only difference so far this year is that we played NO and Miami instead of Cleveland and Detroit.

The MN defense has given up 21 points in 2 games against a solid team and the Super Bowl Champs.

AP looks as good as ever (and no fumbles yet). O-line has held up better than expected. We have a pro-bowl WR looking to come back in week 9 and 2 solid corners that havent played yet.

Not making excuses, just saying that I dont think we are doing bad….yet.

A loss to Detroit and all that changes.

Win your division games, knock off 4/5 vs Buffalo, AZ, Washington Dallas and the NYGs and the Vikes will be there at the end.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.