GPS Question

• james
    Ankeny Iowa

Well I went to the sports & vac. show here in Des Moines Sun. and bought a new GPS. Ifinder pro plus . Sorry Wade but could not pass up the price $249.00 from Reeds. Show special. I have been playing with it and comparing it with the Garmin I have. I thought the ifinder was more accurate. I must have something set wrong. On the ifinder the EPE never gets below 60′ ft and on the Garmin it gets down to EPE 19 ft. and this is high but it is cloudy runs lower most of the time.This is having the unites about 6ft apart. On the ifinder Waas is enabled , and 3D fix. Need to learn how it works now before I hit the water. Heading to Norfork Ark. next month. Thanks for any and all info. Jim

grampajimh
    Delmar, IA

I bought a instruction video at Walmart in Cedar rapids for my Garmin. It was a very good video and taught me in a short time what it would have taken 3 years for me to learn from the instruction manual.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Bass Pro and a few other places have them for $199.00.
    Did you get some add’l stuff with it? I’m wanting to get one and need to point my wife in the right direction for a birthday gift.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

looks like Wade is 10 dollars cheaper than Bass Pro at 189.00. No shipping either. Wifey to go that direction.

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

JAMES Are you fishing lake Norfork for crappie,if so the first cove on the border has produced nice fish for us .GOOD LUCK

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Not a problem Jim. That’s a good price. You might try the Lowrance Emulator HERE and see if that helps you learn the functions on this unit. Keep messing with it. You’ll get ‘er running right!

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Well one answer at a time. I got the ifinder pro -Plus it comes with the cd. MapCreate and download cable ,power cable, and one mmc chip ,water case and instruction books, Going to take some time I’m sure. Went through one set of batterys already. Getting better at it though. I will play with it for awhile before I it. Not realy. Seems to be a nice unit so far.As for Norfork Lake Ark. We booked in at Blackburn resort. Not sure where it is at yet. Going for the big stripers and some crappies, and will try for some eyes. Leaving the 18th of Mar.and heading back on the 22nd.

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Wade I have been playing with the emulator for the past week. It is nice to have it on the putter but it is not the same.I have managed to get it working the way I want except for the total distance log. Have not got it yet but will. Got plenty of time and batterys. May have to use the cig power cable in the truck some time. Got to get this new stuff in before next month . Hope to be on the Miss. once before Norfork . Once I get this stuff figured out then I’ll try the mapping download stuff. Just don’t have that much room in the brain cells to do it all at once. :

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Did you ever get the expected errors down on the ifinder?

My first notion would be to let it track for a while; it can take up to 12.5 minutes of continuous track to download a new set of coefficients for the atmospheric error model. I’m not sure how long the WAAS data cycle is, but the bit rate on the WAAS satellite is 10x that of the GPS satellites, and even without WAAS you should be getting better than 60ft.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.