Resort on Rainy Lake for September 2010

• Mocha
    Park Rapids

Looking for recommendations of a nice, clean, friendly, reasonably priced, and good fall walleye fishing with other local things to do in Sept. resort on Rainy Lake….

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Minnesota side or Canadian side?

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Sorry, Minnesota Side!

Thanks!

mike-west
    Amery, WI

There are many to chose from. I personally, if not staying on Rainy lake house boats like Thunderbird Lodge. Nice cabins with good docks, very nice marina, good boat launch, bar, good food,& hotel connected to lodge which is cheaper than cabins. There’s a good store only a couple miles down the road for all your supplies and bait.
    I’ve been shut out there in September due to weddings at Thunderbird. Do a search for rainy lake resorts International falls and you’ll find many. Sha Sha’s is also nice.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I’ll second the T-Bird.

-J.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Sha Sha has a bar and restaurant. Things can get loud and busy around there.

1-800-FALLSMN is the toll free number for the chamber of commerce. Call them and you will have an information packet by Friday.

kroger3
    blaine mn

I’ll third the T-bird! Great place and has everything you will need. But for some reason we dont remember much about being there but they sure know us……

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Have you considered a houseboat trip? Check out Rainy Lake Houseboats.

I was on my first houseboat trip last September and will be back up there again this September.

No matter where you stay up there you will have the trip of a lifetime up there. It’s truely amazing!!

arklite881south

Both Thunderbird Lodge and Sha-Sha Resort are beautiful land based establishments, and their reputation is golden from anyone whose stayed there. Both offer a nice bar/supper club setting with fantastic views of Rainy Lake. Both resorts are also located in very close proximity to Voyageurs National Park, and prime Fall fishing locations. It would be wise to call whichever resort best fits your needs soon to be sure you can get a reservation. Rainy Lake Houseboats also offers a flat out superb package for visitors wanting to enjoy the comfort of a floating lodge within the confines of Voyageurs National Park. I love waking up in the morning on the back of a houseboat overlooking Rainy Lake.

September fishing can be superb for trophy walleyes, Pike and Crappies!! You’ve picked a great time for a trip!! I’m including links to these establishments!! Tell them the boys at IDO sent ya!!

http://www.shashaonrainylake.com
    http://www.thunderbirdrainylake.com
    http://www.rainylakehouseboats.com

abe
    La Crosse

I stayed at the Island View in 2009. I personally would look somewhere else.

I have also fished 3 times with RainyDaze Guide service (Chris) and I highly recommend him!

arklite881south

Look for catches like todays biggest 28 inch fish to be almost commonplace come the primetime of fall!! This two anglers have fished walleyes……..TWICE!! The other time was with me about 2 years ago. I’d say they did OK!! Only problem is that haven’t had enough tough fishing to appreciate the “Walleye Smackdown!!” We put a solid 75 plus fish in the boat today. After a quick tour of a couple sites we were able to literlally stand on a huge school where I simply would watch their rod tips and the fish come up on the graph!! Lots of fun had by all!! 75 eyes is a real solid day of walleye fishing on Rainy Lake. I don’t care what guys may say or have caught……Thats a lot of action for 3 people in 7 hours of fishing. Many slot fish were caught while we could have kept a limit by 9 am with ease.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

THanks to All for the Suggestions! I will start making phone calls:)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.