best place for bait in metro

• perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

i’m looking to pick up 1lb of large/jumbo leeches, and 6-10 dozen crawlers this week. is vados the best and cheapest place to get this in the metro?

thanks for any help!

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Vados is good.

Also call Moores Bait in S Minneapolis

Dog

drifter295
    Hastings MN

Lees in Prescott sells flats of crawlers for a fair price, not sure if he has access to leeches.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Not sure about price but my money would be at vados. Can’t put a price on good bait.

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

I see a new bait shop/general store opened inside Bear Country(???) liquor store on the east side of 65 in East Bethel. Their digital sign advertises $11.99/lb of leeches. I have no idea if the quality is anything, but that’s an unheard of price.

Lars

Fish Lake Bait is Harris, MN HANDS DOWN!

A little further drive than most may like, but these guys carry the best quality bait i’ve found, and at a very fair price. They’ve went out of there way more than a few times for me to get the quality bait that I was looking for.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

We have stopped at Fish Lake Bait for years on any trip up 35E. The location in the middle of nothing, right of the freeway cant be beat and they always have what you need.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Hey what do you mean middle of nothing? Harris, Stark, North Branch, Rush City, Rush Point, Sunrise, Cambridge! C’Mon thems my old stomping grounds!

Fish Lake Bait is good. My buddy’s kid works there and sometimes I get even better deals. And the archery place just south of there is pretty good too. That is run by a guy in my class named John Tiedon. JT’s Archery (I think).

dd

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Middle of nothing = not in a zoo of strip malls, side streets, gas stations and fast food restaurants

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

There’s a flea market pretty close to Fish Lake Bait.

dd

ggoody
    Mpls MN

I still have Leeches from the MN Walleye opener alive and well in my fridge from Fish Lake Bait….

chriswallace
    Andover, MN

Thorne Bros has live bait as well.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

thanks guys!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.