Ha Ha Ha Ha

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I don’t give two hoots about someone else’s phone. Just mine. And mine’s been perfect. So far. Hopefully I didn’t just curse myself by saying that out loud.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I won’t hold my breathe for an iPhone on Verizon and I wouldn’t get one anyway. Those 2 egos would never be able to agree. And Verizon used to be real controlling like Apple and I don’t want to see them revert to that.

I have had 2 issues with my Droid. First is the glitch with recording video and the audio not synching and artifacts. There is a work around, but I shouldn’t have to shoot a dummy clip first before the real video. Here’s to hoping it is addressed with Froyo (Android 2.2).

Second issue is they came out with the Incredible and are coming out with the Droid 2, both with snapdragons and better specs. I’d love the HDMI out put and better cameras.

That being said, it doesn’t hurt I plan on developing apps and I already know the syntax for the Android OS which is like C#, Java and ActionScript. Plus, the Eclipse Android IDE is sweet.

All that and I don’t have to pay a iSmug tax for an over hyped brand.

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

And what’s with the dumb names for all this new-fangled tech.
    Got a Droid? Sounds like you need preparation H.
    Do you Twitter? You’ll go blind if you keep doing that.
    I-pad? Expensive sanitary napkin.

How about a waterproof smartphone made with a stainless steel exterior called the “Chuck Norris”
    Sign me up for that one.

northstar42
    west central Minnesotsa

Tellem chamberschamps maybe someone will listen. Don’t hold your breath though.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

And what’s with the dumb names for all this new-fangled tech.
    Got a Droid? Sounds like you need preparation H.
    Do you Twitter? You’ll go blind if you keep doing that.
    I-pad? Expensive sanitary napkin.

How about a waterproof smartphone made with a stainless steel exterior called the “Chuck Norris”
    Sign me up for that one.

Try and go out and find a cell phone that is just a phone, I don’t twitter, text, facebook, use my cell for the web, or any of the other crap they can do now, I just use it to call people.

You tell them that at the local cell phone place and they look at ya funny, and show you the latest G27 or whatever device..:)

Al

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I’m just glad that there are people out there who have to have the latest and greatest stuff. Then 5 years from now when I decide to buy something all the bugs are worked out and the cost is about half!

dd

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Incidentally, guys, I have yet to notice an issue while using my iPhone. And for that matter, I used to lose reception ENTIRELY with a previous phone (which wasn’t an iPhone, just to clarify) just by putting it in my pocket while speaking over a headset.

I thought that was the point of a headset?

Where was engaget when we were all desperately in need of finding out that the Razr V3, Motorola’s flagship flip phone, couldn’t maintain a signal if you were using a BlueTooth headset and put the phone in your pocket?

Motorola’s response? Well, get this:

Don’t do that.

You people are desperate to find things to crap on the phone for just because it exists and Jobs is a bajillionaire with mad biz skils and you’re not. Fine, whatever.

Then again, any of this only matters if anyone really cares. Considering that it’s far more fun to rip on someone else’s successful product, I suspect nobody will let mere fact hinder them from doing so.

This is a really disappointing thread… thanks for the boost in my day. /sarcasm

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

Quote:

Incidentally, guys, I have yet to notice an issue while using my iPhone. And for that matter, I used to lose reception ENTIRELY with a previous phone (which wasn’t an iPhone, just to clarify) just by putting it in my pocket while speaking over a headset.

I thought that was the point of a headset?

Where was engaget when we were all desperately in need of finding out that the Razr V3, Motorola’s flagship flip phone, couldn’t maintain a signal if you were using a BlueTooth headset and put the phone in your pocket?

Motorola’s response? Well, get this:

Don’t do that.

You people are desperate to find things to crap on the phone for just because it exists and Jobs is a bajillionaire with mad biz skils and you’re not. Fine, whatever.

Then again, any of this only matters if anyone really cares. Considering that it’s far more fun to rip on someone else’s successful product, I suspect nobody will let mere fact hinder them from doing so.

This is a really disappointing thread… thanks for the boost in my day. /sarcasm

The Iphone is not the “superior phone” it once was. it is being caught up to and passed by HTC and the Android OS. and to throw salt in the wound, Google is currently tweaking a version of 2.2 that can be loaded onto the Iphone, and run in place of the native OS.

Unless Iphone wants to make their product open-code, they will be left in the dust of Android, just like RIM currently is.

and then all you will have, is an overpriced, overhyped, paperweight that will not be half as capable as the competitor’s product.

Iphone will end up becoming the new “betamax”…

armchairdeity

Fargh… and it was such a well-written forum bomb.

Oh well better to self-censor than be put on probation for flaming, right Perch_44?

perch_44

Quote:

Fargh… and it was such a well-written forum bomb.

Oh well better to self-censor than be put on probation for flaming, right Perch_44?

i wasn’t put on probation for that. and you can say what you want about iphone versus the android based phones. i by no way would see it as an attack. and i would like to hear people on the “other side of the fence”, ie you, and your opinions of the two different technologies.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I knew a fanboy would show up at some point.

armchairdeity

Can’t let the antifanboys hang out unchallenged.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Big G, he just called you out.

To be honest, I don’t really care what other people have. Personally I would never get anything apple, but that is my choice. I can’t really say anything bad about the products. There are pros and cons to all of them.

I would like to get a Android OS tablet when it comes out. But only if it has external interfaces like the HDMI, a USB port and such. I want to be able to code and connect to other devices.

perch_44

Quote:

Big G, he just called you out.

To be honest, I don’t really care what other people have. Personally I would never get anything apple, but that is my choice. I can’t really say anything bad about the products. There are pros and cons to all of them.

I would like to get a Android OS tablet when it comes out. But only if it has external interfaces like the HDMI, a USB port and such. I want to be able to code and connect to other devices.

you can find the android OS for your PC online already.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I can’t resist.

Discuss

I didn’t want to start another thread and this one seemed appropriate.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.