It is finally official

• Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Monday I start a new job. I have been out of work since 3/11/2009 and today I finally landed a decent enough job. Last Friday I was reasonably sure I had the job but I wanted to wait until I knew that I definitely had the job before I said anything. I mean, what would it look like if I said something and then for one reason or another I didn’t like them or they didn’t like me?

It is not one of the jobs I preferred but it will pay the bills. It is a family owned building materials supply company that mainly supplies Home Depot. The management seems like some good people to be associated with.

Maybe now I won’t have to worry about spending too much money on fishing. This last fifteen months I have cut back my time on the water and ice a lot.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Congrats!

Does that mean you’ll be visiting P4 again this fall?

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Good to hear, got to be a relief.

Al

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Congratulations!!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Congrats and Good Luck

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Congratz dude… I was unemployed for a couple months last summer, and that was more than enough. I can’t imagine how the folks in your shoes made it.

Either way, major congratulations!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Congrats, that is Awesome News Twister!

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Congrats, I was unemployed once but I was single and thought it was great. Now having a family to be responsible for makes all the difference. Good luck.

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

Congrats We like good news.

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Congrats Twister, just make sure you don’t slack on getting the daily jokes to the forum, that is your first and foremost responsibility.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Quote:

Congrats Twister, just make sure you don’t slack on getting the daily jokes to the forum, that is your first and foremost responsibility.

I’ve been slacking on that duty the last month or so.

Thanks for the congratulations guys. I was pretty lucky, the first nine months my severance amounted to full pay, plus under Kansas law I was able to draw unemployment while also collecting my severance. This allowed me to pay off several of my bills before my severance ran out. True I had to control my activities and spending but by controlling everything I cruised right through what otherwise could have been an extremely difficult financial disaster.

glb
    Twin Cities

Congrats on the job!!! I understand where you have been. In 2005 I lost my job, then two months later my dad. No unemployment, at least not until a year and a half later when it went through court. Times were tough. After 6 months I did land a job….at 60% of what I had previously made. I learned a valuable lesson. We are each in the driver’s seat of our own destiny. Employment and job hunting are like fishing. If you want a chance at another fish, and maybe a bigger one, then bait up a hook and toss it in the water. Otherwise your odds of catching anything are very remote.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.