MMC CARDS

• bt-eye
    Apple Valley, Mn (Pool 2)

I”M looking for a good Maping card for my Lowrance 3200 GPS System. THE only ones I’ve seen are Hot Spots & Reel BOttom. Is there a big Difference Between the 2 or not I’d appreciate any Help on this i can get Area I want is Mille lacs & Mn lakes

Thanks Much

Brad

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

The Lakemaster maps are reported to be the most accurate for Mille Lacs and some other MN lakes. Here’s the Lakemaster Website.

If the other lakes you fish are not listed there, try the Navionics Hotmaps. Here is the Navionics Hotmaps Lake lList for Minnesota . They’re also very accurate, not perfect, but definately good.

bt-eye

Thanks Wade I have the Lake Master setup for my computer and I do like it but there is no way that I know how to transfer the map or info to a mmc card which is too bad. would be good if this was the case. i could Imput all my favorite locations but my fingers might fall off

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Brad, I was under the impression that these new Lakemaster ReelBottom maps are already on an MMC card ready to go. I would hope so for 200 bucks. This is the specific item I am referring to: MMC ReelBottom – Minnesota . Does anyone know if those are pre-programmed cards ready to pop in the unit and go? If not, I’d go with the Navionics HotMaps. They are plug-n-play, ready to go. They work well for fishing. None of these electronic maps are designed to be 100% accurate. That’s not even possible with current GPS technology. But for $129 they’re a great tool.

Not sure if you saw it before Brad but I posted a link to some nice screen shots of the HotMaps for Mille Lacs: Mille Lacs Screen Shots Link.

This gives you a little better look at what these maps provide. Hope this helps.

Wade

bt-eye

Wade. I went to Gander Mt. and checked out the Hot Maps MMC Card and It seems to Have what I need very nice display and depth gradations at 5 ft. Thank You For Your Help! Much Appreciated Mille Lacs Map is very good

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

No problem Brad!

scottsteil
    Central MN

Lakemaster maps come on a MMC card for your Lowrance products. They have a new ProSeries of maps out with 3ft contours that is very impressive!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Thanks Scott. That is what I was thinking. It’s nice to have the data pre-loaded and ready to go. I think those lakemaster MMC cards will make for some very happy Lowrance users. And Garmin users will soon be able to get the Minnesota Lakemaster maps on MMC card as well. It just keeps getting better!

bt-eye

Thankyou to All who dipped into my Question. Because of your suggestions I have Purchased a HotMaps navonics card and now that I have had time to work withe it I’m sure this will do the trick for me

scottsteil
    Central MN

It is my understanding you do not need an MMC card for Garmin products. If your unit has sufficient memory you can actually load the maps right onto your unit. If I remember right Adam said the whole pro series with all the maps is 8.02 MB. Most Garmin Mapping units come with atleast 8 MB of memory now. I am sure Adam Adler will see this thread and give you the details. He has spent a lot of time looking at all the options for GPS mapping software and knows it well.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Thanks Scott. With the new Garmin Minnesota Lakemaster ProMap, you can choose either the CD or the pre-programmed card for the same price. The advantage of the card is that you don’t have to upload anything. I should note that some Garmin products will not accept the card, only the CD upload. You can see the details here. There’s also some screen images on the Garmin website. Looks great!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Brad, let us know how it works out for you. Did they have Hotmap #10 Gold in stock at Gander?

Thanks.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Wade, I am looking for a good GPS to load run with the Lakemaster software. What do you know about the 182C? I have heard some good things about it. Is it better than the 172C or would I be buying old technology with the 182C? You input is appreciated.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Scott,

I’m going to reply to this in the outdoor gear forum under “Garmin 172C versus 182C” to get a new tread going.

Wade

bt-eye

Yes Wade They had about 3 in stock and will demo them at the
    Lakeville store. Ask for AAron

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I was just wondering because Navionics is not shipping the #10 GOLD right now due to a dispute with Canada about royalties.

We’re currently stuck with out any #10 GOLD and I don’t know when they’re going to get this settle. We can still ship the #10 Hotmap Classic though.

bt-eye

Scott I have the Garmin E-trex venture hand held gps and lake master setup i hook it up with the computer cables pick out my way points hit the buttons and bam all set and ready to go very nice

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.