VIRUSES,. VIRUSES

• fishinfool
    mn

IF YOU HAVE SENT ME A EMAIL , I SUGGEST YOU RUN A VIRUS SCAN AS I HAVE BEEN RECIEVING EMAILS FROM FISHING SITES WITH VIRUSES ATTACHED. FISHINFOOL

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The way this latest worm works you can’t really tell the person behind the e-mail address to clean up their PC and expect to cure the problem. These worms dig into a persons address book and send a copy of itself on to every address in the book AND sends out infected e-mails under the names in that book. If, for instance, [email protected] is in “Fred’s” address book and his pc gets infected, the worm will send off e-mails in IDA’s name… but in-depthangling.com has NOTHING to do with that e-mail. Same with individuals that might appear to be sending you mails under a particular address. Just because it says the mail came from [email protected] doesn’t mean he had anything to do with it or it came from Joe’s pc. Sneaky, sneaky, yes?!

bt-eye
    Apple Valley, Mn (Pool 2)

glad you made it back on. I was getting scared

bassmaster
    SE, MN

What H20 said is very true. How ever in order for a virus to get into your address book you must open it. That is how a worm work. If you get an email that looks questionable even if it comes from someone you know don’t open it. Alot of the ones I’ve been seeing at work come with a subject title something like “hi” or “hello” THESE ARE VIRUSES. There is also one that come to you as Microsoft telling you to down load a patch to help prevent viruses. microsoft DOSE NOT send you emails on down loads or patches. Best advice is get some anti-virus and scan all emails before opening.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.