alexandria area

• Craig Schmitt
    west union ia

my family will be heading up to lake mary for our yearly week trip. been doing this for 7 yrs now have always stayed on mary for fishing wondering if i could get some help on other nearby lakes for walleye or is mary the best. we stay at big foot resort will b there june 18 to the 25 thanx for any help i get.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I know a guy that lives on the lake and does a lot of guiding in the area.. Maybe he can help you? Joe?

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Quote:

I know a guy that lives on the lake and does a lot of guiding in the area.. Maybe he can help you? Joe?

Thanks, WalleyeBuster!

Coloradospinner, I do live on Mary and it is a great lake for walleye. But all lakes go in cycles, so there’s a very good possibility that a lake nearby could be doing much better.

Here’s a list of some good lakes to try: Reno, Andrew, Maple, Oscar, Mill, Barrett, Stowes, Moses, Turtle Minnewaska, Miltona, Ida or the Chain. I know this is a long list but all of these lakes hold a good number of walleye.

One thing to keep in mind is that generally the smaller lakes are more hot and cold. Some of my best fishing happens on the small lakes in the area, but I also have just as many nights where fishing is very tough.

The bigger lakes on the other hand, have more fish and more spots, which seems to give me a little more of a consistent bite.

Good luck.
    Joe

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.