Berkley buys Stren!!!

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Purefishing has bought Stren.Do not know the price of the purchase.
    25% of Purefishing sales are line.
    75% is rods,reels,etc.

95% of Stren sales are line.
    Now the 2 line giants are under the same roof.
    Ryan Hale

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Yup your right and that solves a big problem for me. Standing in an Abu Garcia Booth at a sports show with Stren Hi Vis on my shirt. As that Deaniac said YAAAAAAHOOOOO

Bassn Dan

Ryan,

There isn’t anything on either company’s website regarding this. Was this in a press release, or where did you find out about it? It seems odd that this isn’t being publicized more, unless it’s a matter of now that they have it they’re trying to figure out what to do with it.

I for one, would rather have Berkley products be Berkley products and Stren stay Stren. Less competition usually means higher prices, lower quality, and fewer technical advancements.

Thanks.

Dan

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Dan, it was all over the newspapers in Iowa.I also do a product testing/tourney fishing for them.Stren has not made to much of their own line anymore anyway.They were owned by Remington at the time of the Brekley purchase.You will not have to worry about quality.
    Ryan Hale

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

GREAT!!! I like the Berkley better and Nate use to always says Sren is better. Now I can tell him he’s fishing with Berkley now. lol. Of course lately he has been using some Berkley but its still going to be fun when he reads this.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.