Maps

• JimCorey
    East Central Ohio

Hi all! What would be your reccommendation for the best maps, both paper and CD ROM for LOTW???

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

How are ya Jim?

As for LOTW maps, I really like the Canadian topographical maps they sell. LOTW is broken down into sections of the lake (ie..#6214, #6213, etc..)
    The hotspots map is marginal at best after you see the Canadian topo.
    I got a chance last year to play with the MMC card for LOTW made by Navionics. ITs OK, but does not give a heck of a lot of detail.

Canadaian Topo will get my nod!
    Several baitshops and resorts in the area up there will have these availible. Not the cheapest, but money well spent IMO.

JimCorey
    East Central Ohio

Thanks Steve. I’m not fishing many events anymore but I hope to fish the 4 events in the Ohio GNWC circuit for 2004. Their championship will be on LOTW next October so I wanted to get some good maps to check it out. I’ve never fished it. Any ideas on whom I could contact to get one shipped to me?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Jim,

That tourney could easily be won in the River. Just a prediction!!

My partner and I fished an event up there in Oct a few years ago and the winning weights came right out from the public ramp in Downtown Baudette. It all depends on where the shad are. (Hint – Hint)

Good luck this year.

Jon J.

JimCorey
    East Central Ohio

Thanks Jon. I heard that, last October there was a tourney there that was affected by the water temps to a big degree. Apparently the water temps were falling into the high to mid 40’s during prefishing and the fish were moving into the river. By the tournament day, due to warm rains and air temps, the water temps were back into the low 50’s and the fish had moved back out into the lake. The tourney waters were restricted to the river and it was a tough event for the contestants while the locals were doing well in the lake. The GNWC event won’t restrict the waters like that so I plan to do plenty of prefishing in the river. Thanks again for the info.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.