Broken Transducer

• col._klink
    St Paul

Cruising Pool 2 this morning I felt a THUD under the boat, got to my spot and the graph was not working. I looked at the ducer and this is what I saw.

I think it still works but I was wondering what it would take to replace it? I tried to follow the wires and they disappear about 2′ from the back of the boat. The boat is a 2007 Alum. Dom and the graph is a Lowerance.

Any advice would help thanks!

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Some marine grade 5 min epoxy or some gorilla glue. That is the easiest fix. Otherwise order a new one, cut the old ducer off, tape the new one to the old wire and pray that it pulls through. If it doesnt pull through you could always splice it somewhere that it will be out of the weather at all times (as a last resort)

My .02 worth

col._klink
    St Paul

I used Gorilla glue on it after it was dry. It looks like it would be a big job to get the wires pulled through wherever they run

Steelers

I just had the same thing happen to me. I tried Super Glue that’s for plastic. It held for a couple outing’s then broke again. I ended up just ordering a new transducer off Amazon. It was $68.00 (i believe) and they were the cheapest i found. DO NOT splice that cable! My advice order a new one and take the time to run the wire directly to your depth finder.

navigator175

i believe there are only 8 or 10 screws that hold the side panel that the cable is behind.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

DO NOT SPLICE THE WIRE. Do the work to pull it back to the unit or your Net. DO NOT SPLICE THE WIRE.

Before I’d use Gorilla or SG, I’d use JB Weld. Build up a good 1/4″ around the break to reinforce it. It should hold.

If not, got the Amazon route.

Good Luck.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I just replaced all the electronics on my alumacraft. New ducer, ethernet from the stern to the console and the console to the bow. It isn’t nearly as hard as you think. Just takes some time. Pay close attention to what you take apart so you can get it back together correctly. I would replace the ducer if it was me.

col._klink
    St Paul

Thanks for the help guys! I added another layer of Gorilla glue to it. See what happens. Hope I can make it for awhile with the easy fix.

Thanks again!

LeonHoule
    Minnesota

I had the same thing happen and used marine epoxy on the broken pieces. But, I then used a fiberglass cloth and epoxy resin over it to make it extremely strong. Be careful to place it in the right place, but it is now stronger than new. Saved 50+ $….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.