underwater camera

• trapper
    jackson co. iowa

i was thinking about getting a UWC to help occupy my 7 yr old in the boat. any one fimilar with trophy fish cams out of Canada?? any other opinions on the subject would be appreciated. also, has any one tried to build their own?? Thanks a lot. are Aqua view the best??

StaleMackrel

Hi, An under water camera to occupy the little one? Forget it! There is too much going on above the water and hopefully in your boat!

bt-eye
    Apple Valley, Mn (Pool 2)

I have an AQUAVU and it helps seeing what is on your graph plus to see if there is anything is down there waiting to chomp on your offering you can see what you are fishing

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Has anyone had problems with their Aqua Vu having “loose” connections? My fuse holder is acting up….this is the second unit I have had that is doing this. It’s just not making a good connection. I have to jocky it around to get it to stay on. I noticed that one of the “ears” that hold it in…..(the spring loaded push and lock system)…..is bent, so that explains this second time….but also, sometimes when I turn it on, the screen is all snowy. If I turn the unit on and off it might work. Other times I have to turn it on and off 20 times before it works. Both units I’ve had were like this. Has anybody else had this….and could it all be connected to the fuse problem. Gander replaced the first one with no questions asked up in Bloomington ….now I may have to visit them again. It has very little use.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Steve, my first Aqua-Vu had problem with the plastic connectors, either lose or breaking. I have since made the switch to MarCum and use there OVS cameras. They are hands down the best cameras on the market. The padded carrying cases are worth the money in themselves.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Thanks for the info Scott. They’re too expensive to have 2, so hopefully I can get it fixed or replaced.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Steve;

Call Aqua View. They have great customer service. I’ve broken mine a couple of times. A phone call is all it takes and they send me the parts for free (note that the abuse is due to me, not the camera).

As for the other poster………….Yes, watching fish on a camera is fun, but there is so much that nature has to offer, let alone, when the water is warm, throw him overboard (with life jacket) for a swim!

My daughter is good for about 1 to 2 hours, whether we are catching fish or not. By then, she is begging to go swimming. One year, me, dad, and her went fishing. Got into some nice sunnies. After about 30 mintues, she was done (she was 7 years old). Dad was excited because of the good action (he was 77 years old). Well, I strapped on the life jacket and threw her overboard so she could go swimming and play in the water. The fishing died instantly and dad asked if there was still anything on the graph. NOPE, but my daughter had fun!

trapper
    jackson co. iowa

appreciate all the help. I was blessed with a wife and 9 yr. old that will fish from dawn till dusk. It gets really frustrating when the 7 year old starts in with the “can we go now” after an hour or two. Guess all fathers have been there an done that. I know the camera is not the perfect answer but if it gets me a coulpe more hours it will be worth it till he gets bit with the fishing bug. (cross your fingers for me)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.