Ugh!!

• perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

nothing like defective heads on a 2003 truck…WTF! now my boat gets to sit in the garage until next weekend at the earliest, while i wait for the heads to get here.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Ouch! I hear you there. My car had the engine replaced under warranty about 2 years after I bought it do to a error made at the dealer during a repair. The original seized up(sp).

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Don’t worry though, your not missing anything

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

I’m doing a cam chain tensioner on the FW’s 2001 Bug this weekend, care to join me?

onestout
    Hudson, WI

haven’t heard of that, what model and what is wrong?

perch_44

Quote:

haven’t heard of that, what model and what is wrong?

2003 silverado, 5.3, 155k miles.

i started losing coolant about 2 months ago, just small amounts, then it got worse and worse, yet no leak to be found anywhere.

do some digging online, and find a GM TSB on a small percentage of 4.8 and 5.3 engines, that the heads “develop a porosity crack in a very specific area.” therefore leaking coolant into the head, and then into the oil return.

so, we pulled the valve covers off last night, and low and behold, there is my missing coolant…

so, if anyone with a GM 4.8 or 5.3 from 2001-2006, if you are missing coolant, yet can’t find a leak, you might want to look into this.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57746&st=30

depending on when the heads show up, i might be turkey hunting out of my Pimpin’ 626 next weekend…

perch_44

Quote:

I’m doing a cam chain tensioner on the FW’s 2001 Bug this weekend, care to join me?

i don’t know how much help i’d be. i have a buddy do my work, he is a mechanic.

i can drink High Life like no one’s business though…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.