45 ACP Ammo???

• Jasper

I own a Springfield Champion 45 ACP and love it. I have put aprox 1000 rounds through the gun with no problems at all. I have used Winchester and Remington brands, and found no problems with them both. The only problem I have is the price of AMMO and where to find it?
    Is their other brands that are just a good or better that will not cost a arm and a leg. And where do I find them???

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

When I buy rounds I generally use for practice or plinking the Winchester white box loads are what I get, cycle well and are cheaper than most the other loads out there.

Al

big_g
    Isle, MN

Looked here yet ??? Midway

big G

birddog
    Mn.

Just about all my “plinking” ammo for my pistols and rifles is “WOLF”. Cheap, reliable…rarely a issue with misfires or jaming. Fact is when I do have a misfire or jam it’s normally because the piece is a little dirty.

I won’t use WOLF ammo for home defense, hunting or sighting but it’s just fine for goofing off…and it’s about as cheap as you’ll find.

BIRDDOG

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

The bulk stuff from Cabela’s is good for plinking but be sure you know they’ll fill the order, as the demand is high as we all know. I stray away from the Winchester white boxed stuff…had to many misfires, in every thing from .22’s to 45’s. Winchester brass is good though, and as I reload, I save everything. Also for plinking, get the 185 or 200 grain loads. But when I reload, the business end for personal defense is 230 XTP hollow points

jetdriver
    Hudson WI

Check out Sportman’s Guide. Good on-line prices but even better if you live near St. Paul. Go to the bottom of there home page and click on retail store.
    If you don’t live close, http://www.cheaperthandirt.com

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I have had very good luck with this place.
    http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm

Also what Brian said about Walmart. Their supplies and prices can be shocking. In a good way.

Jasper

Thank you for all your help. Walmart has never been any luck since the election. I have saved all the leads and going to do more home work and stock up again. Here in the Rocky Mtns ammo was gone before you woke up the next morning. Thank you again.

Jasper

Thank you for all your help. I’ve saved all the sights and starting the hunt. Walmart has not been much help everything is out of stock and they don’t know when their next shipment will be in. Ever since the election, ammo in the Rocky Mtns is harder to find. Thank you again for all your help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.