Got a new boat

• FlightBob
    East Central MN

Bought my first fishing boat. Now what? I am unfamiliar with MN laws pertaining registering boats and trailers. I found the boat registration information on the DNR site, but I am unsure of the trailer registration. Any tips or suggestions I could use would be great. The boat is a G3 1648 2007. Trailer is also a 2007.
    Thanks again
    -Bob

wmahnke
    Eau Claire, WI

dont know about the rules but perfect river boat

thebigd25
    st. paul

you can get your trailer transferred at your local license center or dmv. it should already have a license on the tongue that you can get the numbers off of. you have to pay sales tax on the trailer.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

just go to your DMV

Boat- transfer title to you and buy 3 year sticker if it has expired. It helps to have serial munber and the reg # that are on the boat sometimes.

Trailer- if there is a title bring it, otherwise there should be a lic sticker on the tongue. There is brobly a stamp or plate somewhere on the frame that has info on it from the mfgr as well, that can sometimes help to have. If worst comes to worst and they are “typical” DMV workers and there are problems with the transfer of the trailer (i had it once). St.Cloud tried to make me jump through all sorts of hoops, I said screw it. Then a few years later I built a trailer and went to Waconia,MN DMV to attempt to get it licinced. Let me tell you these ladies know their biz, It was so easy, just write a dscription and pay $55 and BOOM, Licinced trailer. I now do all my DMV stuff there!!!

So, if you do run into a lot of hastle just say it is homebuilt . -Mark

FlightBob
    East Central MN

Thanks. The guy had it set up for bowfishing. Getting rid of the two rear platforms but keeping the front for the wife to sun tan on. I figure it let’s me fish without the nagging. However, I could get nagged while fishing. Might have to rethink this one.

thebigd25
    st. paul

i was gonna ask if that boat is set up for bow fishing or….?

wmahnke
    Eau Claire, WI

bow fishing is pretty fun you might like it then thats more time on the water put some big yet removeable lights on it and bang gone all the time well maybe you shouldnt do that she might not like it my doesnt

jetdriver
    Hudson WI

Hey Bob,
    Where am I supposed to get my tan at?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.