Wood stove recommendation?

• brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I’m looking for recommendations or opinions for wood stoves. I’m looking to heat a 24×30 enclosure. I know virtually nothing, never had one. Anybody happy with theirs or know of any I should look at?

sturgeonator

I would look at a pellat stove. They are 80-90% efficiant and a lot safer than a wood stove. I have one in my basement and love it. With a structure that size I would say you could heat it with about one 40lb. bag a day. Around here we can get single bags for about $4.75 and if yu buy a pallet of 60 bags they are $4.00 a bag. The web site is http://www.harmanstoves.com

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Quote:

I would look at a pellat stove. They are 80-90% efficiant and a lot safer than a wood stove. I have one in my basement and love it.

Having been a Taylor wood stove owner for the past eight years, I have to say that unless you’re talking about indoor wood stoves, the “safer” part or you’re statement is a bit off base.

Our wood stove is positioned 20 to 30 yards away from the house. The only thing that enters our house coming from the wood stove is hot water. There is pretty much “zero” danger of it ever blowing up. Our insurance company considers risk from our wood stove to be pretty much zero.

Wood & pellet stoves are both great ways to heat a small structure like the one you are talking about.

You can do a search for Taylor wood stoves or here is another brand of pellet stoves that sit outside you’re structure.

woodmaster pellet stoves

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Are you heating living space or shop/garage?
    Are you heating occasionally or continuly?
    What are you planning on spending
    And what fuel source are you planning on using?

Might help to know these things maybe.

Al

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Sorry, my post was a little vague. It’ll be for heating our new hunting shack. We will also have a ventless propane heater too, to take the chill out until the stove heats up. 24×30 insulated garage basically.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

I would go with a good ol’woodstove,not dependent. On buying pellets,I have a small one from fleet farm was like $399,I heat my whole house 26×40 roughly,but I would go big,easier to have a small fire in a big stove,then a big fire in a small stove, mine is a us stove Co.,Ashley model,been happy with it.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

It will definately be a wood stove for sure. With an unlimited fuel supply right outside, I don’t want to mess with pellets. I just don’t want want to buy too big of a stove. The wood stove will be primary with propane as a starter heat/backup.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Check fleet farm they have some nice ones,what’s your budget?

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

I have a Wonderwood thats been used less than 10 times. I would sell it cheep, including some metalbestos pipe, brackets and rain cap. I bought it from L&M fleet two years ago for $550 and around $350 for the extras. I would sell the whole setup for $400.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I would definately be interested! Could you get some pics to me?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.