Electronics question

• Duckcop
    Lake County IL

Hey guys. I have a separate battery that runs my Vexilar and my GPS. Im tired of the external GPS antenna (hockey puck) draining down the battery if i dont use the boat regularly. I was wondering if I could just install a rocker type switch to turn on/off the circuit to those devices and eliminate the constant draw from the antenna when not in use. Im not that electronically saavy, so i was looking for some input from those in the know…..Thanks.

toothycritters

yeap, just put a switch inline on the positive side and you’re set. and if you don’t have them fused already I would do so…

Indytransplant
    Pierre, S.D.

you shure can. now I have a circuit beaker on my boat that I trip when I get to the trailer. have had it launched several times and then found the battery was dead.
    makes for avery bad start to day. I was a slow learner.
    stonecutter

walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

100% Yes. I bought a toggle switch that has a rubber boot that screws over the toggle arm to help keep out moisture. As said above I would also put an inline fuse in while you are at it. Good luck!

les_welch

I have a few extra toggles laying around, now that I switched to HB…….

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Actually if you read in the install instructions it tells you to do this.

Duckcop
    Lake County IL

I bought the boat used and everything was already set up. The instructions have since fallen to the wayside…….Thanks for the help guys.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.