What a nation of whiners

• Anonymous
    Inactive

With all the recent posts about store x and car z, can you imagine what we would be if the previous generations were a bunch of spoiled brats like we are??? We probably be speaking German. Lets face it, we’ve got it pretty darn good here, we just need to stop and smell the roses instead of getting our underwear in a bunch.

whittsend

True – it would be nice if people (myself included) would look around and realize that our lives are currently way easier than at any other time in history… We just don’t often realize how good we really have it and stop to give thanks on occassion…. There always seems to be a problem to worry about (cell phone issue, TV broken, I didn’t get my fair share of ______)… So many insignificant “problems” are unfortunately made into huge issues when you think about it…

I’ll start by saying thanks for the beautiful weather and a sound mind/body to enjoy it … What a week!!! (Ok, the “sound mind” part is debatable…. )

Mike

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Yep, a lot of sour people thinking bashing on the Internet is going to get results

Here’s to the weekend boy’s and girl’s
    Enjoy and stay away from negative vibes

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Smell the roses To me, nothing finer than the fresh smell of a gut pile on a bitter cold morning, the sweet smell of beaver castor on a new mound, a little fox urine around a dirthole, or how my hands smell after a good day of fishing. Everything else is just a distraction from my priorities in life Good post!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

If you don’t like the service you receive and the products they offer don’t give them your money. That will get their attention in the end.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

On the other hand, letting others know about some issues may save other folks some frustration…I’m just saying.

col._klink
    St Paul

Quote:

We probably be speaking German.

Dies ist wahr und würde mich nicht überhaupt belästigen. Deutschland ist ein großes Land.

hnd

our nation was founded by whiners. they whined that they were unable to worship the way they ought to be able to and then did something about it.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I don’t care for the negative posts much either but I also think that people whined just as much years ago just not as many could hear them. This page does give people a forum to share their experiences and without it I would never have met Dean and other services like Thorne Bros that I use all the time now. The knife cuts both ways and the internet is just another source that we can use to vent our frustrations or give props when they are due. I once got a new ice shack when I was originally just content to live with the first one’s poor craftsmanship. I am now a loyal customer of that company and will continue to be one.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Little too much reality for ya MNice? You do realize complaing about complaining is in fact, complaining?

That first brew is gonna taste goooooooood tonight!!

Have a nice weekend fellas.

hnd

Quote:

I don’t care for the negative posts much either but I also think that people whined just as much years ago just not as many could hear them. This page does give people a forum to share their experiences and without it I would never have met Dean and other services like Thorne Bros that I use all the time now. The knife cuts both ways and the internet is just another source that we can use to vent our frustrations or give props when they are due. I once got a new ice shack when I was originally just content to live with the first one’s poor craftsmanship. I am now a loyal customer of that company and will continue to be one.

i work with the elderly and they complain more than anyone else i know. perhaps thats just the way they are now but who knows.

col._klink
    St Paul

Quote:

Little too much reality for ya MNice? You do realize complaing about complaining is in fact, complaining?

That first brew is gonna taste goooooooood tonight!!
    Have a nice weekend fellas.

Ya what Suzuki said!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Tonight!??

It’s after 12:00 my friend.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Tonight!??

It’s after 12:00 my friend.

Yea. I have a two hour drive after work. My payoff is at the end! Apparently I’m a responsible adult.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Every generation says the same thing……

big G

rangerski
    North Metro

LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT! FREEDOM ISNT FREE! GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS

whittsend

This whole thread is making me smile…

Have a great weekend guys!!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

I have to respectfully disagree. I like to see all experiences people are having with products and companies. The “negative” posts may help me decide who/what I want to spend my hard earned cash on.

marbleye2
    Eagle Lake, MN

Many of us struggle to keep things in perspective. I buried my 18 year old son 3 weeks ago today. Since then my perspective on what is important has changed a whole lot.

As long as we keep our arrows focused on ourselves, we’re going to be sad individuals. When we spend a little more time looking for ways to make someone else’s day better, it makes a difference in how we look at things. We’ve all got it pretty good. Sure some have it better, but many have it worse.

Okay, enough preachin’ for one post. It’s Friday!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

When we spend a little more time looking for ways to make someone else’s day better, it makes a difference in how we look at things.

The positive side of “what goes around, comes around”!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Quote:

our nation was founded by whiners. they whined that they were unable to worship the way they ought to be able to and then did something about it.

Yep, they didn’t like the religious persecution they were under, so they came here and applied their own religious persecution by shooting natives, rapping, pilaging, burning homes, giving disease, starving, and burning witches!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

rapping

Didn’t Rock N Roll come first?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I believe that if previous generations had to live with some of these things people do today and had the technology we do today it would be even worse. I think people today are far more tolerant of today’s issue’s than my fathers or grandfather generation would have been. They just did not have the issues of today. Corporate Greed, Corrupt and Bad politicians, Waves of illegal immigrants, High unemployment rate, Corporate outsourcing of jobs, Ect. I could name 100 different issues they would not be happy about. Do I think this country is better than some – YES. Is it the great country it once was – NO. And it will not be again unless people voice their concerns and do something about it. I believe unless the politicians have managed to change it, freedom of Speech is still a constitutional right. That is one of the things I like most about this site, for the most part people are free to express their own views. Those that get upset about a post are always free to not continue to read or follow it. I’ve noticed that the people here who are always complaining about all the negative comments and post are always continuing to keep responding to the so called negative post. I like most people on this site come to it to read and lean about hunting and fishing and the site does an exceptional job of educating people on that. However I also enjoy the other topics as well. If fishing and hunting is the only thing that people want to put their thought and voice into – Were all in a lot of trouble!!!!! Just my $.02 or maybe $.05 Worth.

Follmerpa
    white bear lake

Quote:

With all the recent posts about store x and car z, can you imagine what we would be if the previous generations were a bunch of spoiled brats like we are??? We probably be speaking German. Lets face it, we’ve got it pretty darn good here, we just need to stop and smell the roses instead of getting our underwear in a bunch.

First I dont wear under for that very reason
    second I thought this site was supposed to be political free? We all have our opinions and we can share them at the polling booth. Im not so sure we are whiners as we are very spoiled. I for myself am not a proponent for spare the rod spoil the child. I dont know about some of you, but I dont worry about any young person taking my job. They have no work ehtic. They are raised on entitlements.
    Dont spread my wealth. spread my work ethic.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Quote:

rapping

Didn’t Rock N Roll come first?

Pot Kettle

hnd

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, they didn’t like the religious persecution they were under, so they came here and applied their own religious persecution by shooting natives, rapping, pilaging, burning homes, giving disease, starving, and burning witches!

sshhhhhhhhhhh keep that on the d-low

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

I for myself am not a proponent for spare the rod spoil the child. I dont know about some of you, but I dont worry about any young person taking my job. They have no work ehtic. They are raised on entitlements.

I have an obligation to this organization to remain professional and stay out of controversial threads.

However, I’d like to make clear how much the above statements infuriate me. Very poor choice of words.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Amen Matt! This one got me going a little…

Quote:

I work with the elderly and they complain more than anyone else i know. perhaps thats just the way they are now but who knows.

Any Veterans who fought in WW II, Korea, Viet Nam, etc… and are now “elderly” earned the right to complain some…especially Viet Nam when thousands of(drafted) brave young men came back to a less than appreciative public…after going through some unspeakable horror.

Sorry if I’m getting too political…but I was there and will never forget.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

First I dont wear under for that very reason
    second I thought this site was supposed to be political free? We all have our opinions and we can share them at the polling booth. Im not so sure we are whiners as we are very spoiled. I for myself am not a proponent for spare the rod spoil the child. I dont know about some of you, but I dont worry about any young person taking my job. They have no work ehtic. They are raised on entitlements.

This too… said so eloquently by yet another generation….

big G

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

However, I’d like to make clear how much the above statements infuriate me. Very poor choice of words.

I have to agree Matt

In a way it insults both my hardworking ,responsible kids (and a bunch of others) but I don’t take it personal Follmerpa…..
    There is a whole lot of good ones out there too!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.