Oh good god!

• chomps
    Sioux City IA

walleye on a stick! man I’m there!

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

who needs local flare when all you want is a hot dog at a ball game? hope the walleye is farm raised or i won’t be purchasing.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Let’s face it, the only reason the dome dog was popular because the rest of the food there was terrible. I’m sure the food at the new ballpark will be much better and we’ll never miss them.

The Twins announced about a week ago an agreement with a shop in NE Mpls to sell brats so the local flavor is definitely going to be in this park instead of the sterile junk in the dome.

Man I can’t wait!!

ET

wallster
    Austin, MN

Quote:

who needs local flare when all you want is a hot dog at a ball game? hope the walleye is farm raised or i won’t be purchasing.

Good Call, if its not, Dont buy it.
    Wallster ><((((>

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Not sure if they dogs seemed so good becuase I was pre gaming a little long or they were just that good. Eating a Murry’s Steak of fish on a stick just isn’t ball park food to me…..some local flavored Brats on the other hand perked my interest. Less than 2 months and it is baseball season!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I’m sure the food at the new ballpark will be much better and we’ll never miss them.

cough-cough…..

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Not sure if they dogs semmed so good becuase I was pre gaming a little long or they were just that good.

Yep,, wouldn’t know what they taste like without a couple beers before to numb the buds. But I loved the food! Maybe they call that the beer munchies??

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Yeah, way to go Twins. Lets just get rid of all MN based company services. Not happy about this one

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I don’t wish any ill will to Hormel, but the article clearly states it was their decision not to renew.

Dome dogs should stay right where we found ’em, in the dome.

Eric

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

I heard an interview earlier today with a hormel rep, and he was pretty upset over this, so I doubt thats the case.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Relax slim! You won’t eat em anymore anyway

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

When the Vikings leave the Dome, who will be there to buy the Dome Dogs anyway?

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Relax everyone My cousin works for the Twins and the new DOG will be announced soon The Hormel “Dome Dog” had more Lips and A**Holes in it than any other dog in the Majors. At least they won’t be using the 3 day old cooked dogs anymore.

Can’t wait for outdoor baseball

John

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Can’t wait for outdoor baseball

Yep, keeping me up at night.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I’m not usually concerned with what I am going to be eating when we go to Miller Park. Fill up on the tail gate food before the game. Drink a few over priced Millers and eat again after the game if necessary.

I might try to make a game this year looks like the new park is going to be nice! Enjoy Twins fans.

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

Quote:

hope the walleye is farm raised or i won’t be purchasing.

My guess is now you won’t have to go to Upper Red Lake to have Upper Red Lake Walleye.

I would like to see who is supplying the walleye.

chriswallace
    Andover, MN

They can get rid of dome dogs but they cant sign mauer…thats the real problem here folks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Who cares?? Just eat BEFORE the game, much better food at half the price.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Quote:

hope the walleye is farm raised or i won’t be purchasing.

I would like to see who is supplying the walleye.

I have ate at a lot of restaurants that “claim” to have walleye on their menu, now as a true walleye connoisseur I know first hand that only a very very small portion of restaurants actually have “real” walleye that is typically farm raised the rest just have some kind of white fish they “claim” to be walleye (yes I do ask the people working where the walleye has come from, if the server does not know get me the manager!!!), I call it Atlantic walleye. No need to get into a panic about our walleye population as I am guessing the stadium will be serving farm raised or Atlantic walleye

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Would Yankee stadium serve Buffalo Walleye then?

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I bet they do and probably at $7-$10 a stick

jldii

Most all walleye sold in restaurants today has been coming from Canadian waters of Lake Erie, or LOTW..

Now that Minnesota has rescued Red Lake, and the Tribe there has started to commercially fish it again, we will probably start seeing walleye from Red Lake showing up in the market place.

It takes 3-4 years to raise a walleye to a suitable size for harvest, so the idea of “farm raised” walleye is very very doubtful. The time and cost would be way to prohibative.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

When Perpich was still in office. He was hosting Mikhail Gorbachev in St. Paul. During dinner, Gorbachev asked Perpich if the meal was a traditional Minnesotan meal. He replied yes. Gorbachev asked if everything was from Minnesota. Perpich did not know so they asked the chef to come out. The chef informed the table that everything was home grown except for the walleye. It was Canadian. This lead to a very interesting conversation on why they were not allowed to have “Minnesota walleye” for the party.

This is a true story. I think I was a junior in high school when I was asked to play violin at this event.

FDR

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Would Yankee stadium serve Buffalo Walleye then?

BK remind me to tell you about the “buffalo walleye” story I heard at work tonight on saturday, your going to love this

Let me just say this , there IS a difference between Candian walleye and Candian walleye pike……a HUGE difference!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

In some parts of its range, the walleye is mistakenly known as the colored pike, yellow pike or pickerel (esp. in English-speaking Canada), although the fish is related neither to the pikes nor to the other pickerels, both of which are members of the family Esocidae.

Hence the y bones Rootski.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.