Wife + Shopping + Fishing = ???????

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Ok, I’m a bit stunned and really haven’t let this one sink in yet. Hopefully, somewhere beyond the gates of hell there is a rainbow with a pot of gold.

I just got done breaking down about 900 ringworms to bags of 20. They’re neatly labeld, and now hung up in the garage on the pegboard with all my other plastics.

My wife walks in the house (through the garage which is a first), sets her purse down, gives me a kiss…and then blurts out “Do you really need all those rubber things?”… “Now the other big board is filled up too!”

I admit, I didn’t remember at the time – that is a staement – NOT A QUESTION.
    I could only reply with ….. If you noticed, why didn’t you remind me to order more electric blue/pearl- Now I’ll have to pay… as she stomped her way out of the room.

I need some open water around here soon. Tension is getting too high

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

So, over the noon hour ealrier this week. I head over to Gander to pick up a couple things I needed. Came a cross a pretty good sale on Bombers. Display boat loaded with a bunch of colors I like, a few I can paint.

Wife in the car on the drive home notices the bag in the back seat.

“What’s that?”
    “Made a trip over to Gander”
    “Uh huh”
    “They had Bombers on sale!!!!”
    “Uh huh. How many did you buy?”
    “ALL OF THEM!!!!”

You could hear crickets chirping…..

-J.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

She’ll get over it. We’ve all been there.

I recently put new line on all my rigs. The fiancé asked at one point, how many dollars in rods/reels do you have there? I just smiled and went back to work. Thankfully she knew to leave it at that.

starkj25

one of my favorite lines “when I die I hope my wife doesn’t sell all of my fishing stuff for what I told her I paid”

holennet
    Park View, Iowa

That a boy! At least you know where you stand. I listen to my wife talk about her knitting projects. She taught me to knit and has more tackle for knitting than I have for fishing. I understand her passion, and not confused when she talks about her projects. Still have not taught her to fish, I think things are working ok!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

So, over the noon hour ealrier this week. I head over to Gander to pick up a couple things I needed. Came a cross a pretty good sale on Bombers. Display boat loaded with a bunch of colors I like, a few I can paint.

Wife in the car on the drive home notices the bag in the back seat.

“What’s that?”
    “Made a trip over to Gander”
    “Uh huh”
    “They had Bombers on sale!!!!”
    “Uh huh. How many did you buy?”
    “ALL OF THEM!!!!”

You could hear crickets chirping…..

-J.

Wow!! I didnt even know you were married!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Thanks to the In-Depth Outdoor Article Crawler Harness Tying 101, I came home with a bag full of spinners and beads in different sizes and an array of colors. I set the bag on the counter and went to change my cloths. Once arriving back in the kitchen I noticed the wife being noisy and looking at all my knew goodies in the bag. She asked “aren’t you a little old to be making necklaces?” I started to explain the stuff was for making crawler harnesses at which time see just rolled her eyes and walked off. I always like it when they know enough to just leave a man to himself

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Brett – I like your spin on things “I always like it when they know enough to just leave a man to himself ”

wkw

I just had my stuff on the work bench in the garage, tying up some 3-ways, when she asked,” Just how much of that stuff do you have to buy?”. I said, “When I’ve spent as much as you do on hair stuff, make up, fingernail polish, shoes, and jewelry,I’ll quit.” As I heard the door slam, I realized that that was not the right answer.
    WKW

deertracker

Hope you have a comfortable couch.
    DT

Warriorguy

We’ve probably all been there, the couch that is! I made the mistake of showing her my collection of 600+ crankbaits while I had them all out on 3 tables in the basement organizing. All she did was ask how much each one cost. I told her they probably average $5.00 a piece and she turned and walked away. That was last year. I’ve probably bought another 100 since then! I’ll be honest here. I might have an addiction!

gspeicher
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Twice a year I take my wife, Sue, on extended antique shopping trips around the Red Wing and Stillwater areas just so I can keep on adding to my fishing “inventory”!! Spike (P.S. Her girlfriends think I’m such a nice husband!)

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

What’s with you guys and the couch? That’s what the guest bedrooms are for. That way I’ve still got a bed to sleep in.

mike_v
    carver Mn

I think all our wifes are related.

walleyetom1
    Illinois

Every year over the winter I go through all my tackle and weed out what I didn’t really use. I am a buyer, if I read or someone says this is good, I gotta try it. Of course I then go back to my old standbys and do better. Every spring when the Merrimac (boat) leaves the garage, the wife has a garage sale and I give it all to her. I never see or ask for any of the money. When a package comes from Cabelas or BPS, she jokingly asks is that for the garage sale. 4 or 5 years ago I had 142 Rattlin raps, she sold 97 to one guy for $1.50. She called me on the lake to ask if she could give the 3600 box with the broken hinge to him.(don’t ask me why anybody would have 142 Rattlin raps).

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Quote:

What’s with you guys and the couch? That’s what the guest bedrooms are for. That way I’ve still got a bed to sleep in.

that makes two of us. My wife keeps asking me to move the mattress from the guest bed into “our” room. with as much time I tend to spend in the guest bed, I’m not in a hurry to make that happen.

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

Quote:

4 or 5 years ago I had 142 Rattlin raps, she sold 97 to one guy for $1.50. She called me on the lake to ask if she could give the 3600 box with the broken hinge to him.(don’t ask me why anybody would have 142 Rattlin raps).

What is your address? And when is the next one?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.