Toyota And The Latest News Regarding The Gas Pedal

• Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Very funny and ironic;
    “A man who attempted to return his recalled Toyota pickup truck to All Star Toyota on Airline Highway on Saturday crashed into the dealership building when his allegedly faulty accelerator stuck”
    http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/83184417.html

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Now Toyota has issues with brakes in the Prius, I guess its another way to “keep moving foward.”

They interview these folks who are afraid to drive their vehicles. I’m afraid someone is going to get hit by one, everyone should be scared of the Toyota’s.

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Quote:

The fact that American car companys have been making oversized, gas guzzling, sub-par vehicles for decades is why they are having problems in this market and why people are often buying “non-American” made vehicles.

It appears that we (Americans) are finally figuring this out and starting (hopefully) to compete with the Import cars.

My wife has a 97 Honda Accord. Ive known her for 10 years now. In that time, her Accord has needed CV axles, a battery, and front brakes for repairs. THATS IT. Her car before that was a POS American made car that was in the shop constantly. Good luck on convincing her to buy anything but a Honda next round. Good luck on bringing import car buyers back to buying American after this giant hole they dug…

Oversized gas guzzling vehicles? I have a Chevy 3/4 ton crew cab with an 8 ft box with an 8.1 big block. It gets 16 mpg on the highway. To you that might be a gas guzzler and too big for you to handle. To me its everything I need in a truck. Remember, only the big three make trucks capable of any work. They offer big block engines, diesels capable of pulling a house down, and can haul anything you need. Folks who purchase these trucks have a use for them and aren’t really concerned about the milage.

Yes the Americans are figuring this out and are building better vehicles than the imports, you just need to know what your are buying. Not all American cars are great, just like not all import cars are great.

We have a ’96 Buick, 197,000 miles 31 mpg, only replaced brakes, battery, oil changes, and tires. By the way, what POS American car did you have? My sister-in-law had an ’02 Honda Accord with just over 110,000 miles, the transmission was slipping and a few months later the engine started to knock. But lets not talk about that, foreign cars never fail, this must have been just a fluke.

theodorenugget
    Sugar Land, TX

All manufacturers have their Achilles heals. The list goes on & on & on…Just give us what we need for whatever situations we think we may encounter. Make it as reliable as it can be and give it to us at fair price.

Since I have a boat, AJ & I have a deal… when my 1998 200,000 mile Tahoe breaks down (and it will)…..he’ll come get me & we’ll both go fishing. If I can’t fix it, I’ll buy another GM.. that’s just me. I already know it inside & out.

Finally, Constant Toyota headlines make me wonder… Is it a slow news week or something?

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.