Born in a Barn? (pix)

• rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

OK.. for those who keep prompting for pix and more pix… heres the start of your weekly pix fix……

first I was born and raised in Iowa… and dont know if its the same everywhere but there everytime I left the door open I heard “Were you born in a barn?” from my parents…

I would have thought at least ONE of them would know the answer to that question!…. anyway… I think maybe I FOUND my birthplace…..

hmmmmmmmm….. look at that… the darn barn door is STILL open!!

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

a recent snow storm allowed me to take a few shots of the birds gathering around for a quick bit to eat…..

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

like lightning in a bottle.. these little fellows are hard to catch… a red breasted nuthatch taken a millisecond before launch (or is that lunch?)

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

braced against the wind a snow a chickadee clings to a branch for dear life….

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

a junco seeks refuge from the storm….

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

ok.. this one was BEFORE the storm… these guys are getting hungrier and hungrier… and now its easy to see a hundred or so on any trip around here, they are desperatly digging in the corn fields for food…..

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

here in a super close up a male purple finch turns his head slightly a nanosecond before the shudder clicked.. guess he though it wasnt his good side! or he didnt want his friends to see a shot of him “slumming”

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

winter is not only tough on the birds.. their houses take a beating as well… heres a bluebird fixer upper available cheap (or is that TWEET?)

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Very nice pics Ken. You’ve done it again.

Gator Hunter

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

thanks Gatorhunter… the birdhouse shot just above actually took 6th place in a contest yesterday…..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.