Conciel to Carry Permit

• Mocha
    Park Rapids

I am looking at getting a conceal to carry permit. I would like the permit to be good in as many states as possible. I have gone down to our local county Sheriff and have the application and numbers for several semi-local classes but thats it. I would assume there is a web site that can help out in this area. Any know of a site?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’d consider starting with the NRA.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Since you are a Minnesota resident, I think you should look at getting the state license first. Remember, in Minnesota it is a must issue license. You pass the tests and background check you will have a CC license in under 30 days. The multi state can take a lot longer and is not must issue. You can get denied for ????. Then appeal and wait. Get the Mn license and then upgrade.

They cover a lot of the info on the multi state requirement in the basic Mn course. At least they did in mine.

-J.

ajkoppik
    MN - Metro

Just wanted to second what Jon said.

Get the MN permit first. My class instructor did a great job of going over the in’s and out’s of what it takes to get a multi-state permit.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

We’re having a class for new and renewals at the Bluff’s Bar and Grill about 2 miles from Everts on Sunday March 7th.

About 3 hours, 30 rounds and $55.00 and you’ll be set to take your application to your local sheriff.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Thanks for all the replies!

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

We’re having a class for new and renewals at the Bluff’s Bar and Grill about 2 miles from Everts on Sunday March 7th.

About 3 hours, 30 rounds and $55.00 and you’ll be set to take your application to your local sheriff.

That’s not a bad deal, I’ve seen a lot of course’s go for more.
    Gander Mountain also offers courses but have no idea whether they’re any good or not.

Al

jon_wbl

I still think Utah permit is the way to go. I is accepted in more states, you are not required to take a class for renewal, and you are not in a MN database. Utah permits take 60 days. From what I was told as long as you pass an FBI background check they cannot deny your permit.

SURE2STRIKE
    Albert Lea, MN

I do conciel carry training in southern Minnesota under the business name “Shooting Solutions”. 507-383-1454 It is a one day course and use all NRA material. The initial class covers “Basic Pistol” and “In Home ddefense”, costs $150.00 and includes all paper work and a sign off for Florida non-resident which gives you a total of 31 states.
    Typical classes are 4 or more people, start at 8:00 and are over around 3:00 with shooting to follow. If anyone is interested or whats more information, please give me a call.
    Rich Finke
    Shooting Solutions
    Albert Lea, MN.
    507-383-1454

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Hey Rich,

I have some questions.

I’m speaking of re-newal classes now, not to get confused with a first time class.

What should I consider in a class besides price?

Our guys have gone through the class and most if not all visit sites that talk about MN carry laws 24/7.

I guess my question is, why shouldn’t I be looking at price as the only factor in going with a instructor?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Jasper

OK. I have a UTAH concealed permit. I have to renew it in a couple of months which is no big deal.

Clarify this. What states honor the UTAH permit? I know Nevada doesn’t. But what others do?

Thanks

SURE2STRIKE
    Albert Lea, MN

Following is a listing of states for a Utah non resident
    Permit

Honored:
    Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming

Permit Not Honored:
    California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Guam, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, District of Columbia

Right Denied:
    Illinois, Wisconsin, American Samoa, N. Mariana Islands

Rich Finke

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

There has been some rumblings about having to go to Utah to receive a Utah permit. Have you heard anything of that.

I’ll give you a call Thursday evening.

SURE2STRIKE
    Albert Lea, MN

Here’s some food for thought,instead of Utah why not Florida? You get all the same states except you don’t get Wash. but you get Florida instead and it only cost $117.00 for seven years. It is my understanding that in order to get Utah, the instructor has to be cetified by the state.

I look forward to your call.

Rich

jon_wbl

Quote:

There has been some rumblings about having to go to Utah to receive a Utah permit. Have you heard anything of that.

Utah permit is done through the mail. No need to visit. Instructor for the course just needs to be certified by the state of Utah. They stamp a certificate like a notary does. You mail your certificate, fingerprint card,photocopy of your DL, and a passport photo. I believe they are required to have your permit mailed to you in 60 days. Oh you also need to send the $65.25 for the permit. Permits are good for 5 yrs and to renew to mail a new passport photo and $10.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.