Brutal for Favre….

• Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

I wish he would have run that last play of the game…

The old grey nag came up lame..

Dog

bigpike

I feel your pain every time I see the last throw he made as a Packer. Its pretty predictable. Riverboat gambler the Vikings wanted : Riverboat gambler they got!

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

No WAY they would have been there without Favre…

marbleyes
    Holmen, WI

That’s all he had to do. He would of picked up at least 5-10 yards and we would of had a field goal try. If you can’t hold on to the ball it doesn’t matter if you out play your opponent. That Sucks!!!!!

Grouse_Dog

I still loved the season.

Back to normal for a while here in MN. Nothing to get excited about.

Dog

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Anyone else would have been half way to the emergency room. As tough as it was he still played one hell of a game. Man, did he take some shots

Grouse_Dog

Well –

The two team teaser worked.

Indy -1
    Under 61

I guess that is a positive.

Dog

Grouse_Dog

Agreed-

He is a player..

Tough and gritty.

Fun to watch.

Dog

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I have to question him not running the ball either. Boy did that guy take some shots tonight. Im surprised he even made it back out on the field. Thanks for a great season Brett and the Vikings.

What a game tonight.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Anyone else would have been half way to the emergency room. As tough as it was he still played one hell of a game. Man, did he take some shots

I give him a lot of credit. I thought T. Jack was in and it was over.

Pants on the ground.

wallster
    Austin, MN

Quote:

No WAY they would have been there without Favre…

You got that right Pete He wasnt the one that lost the game for us. Hes the one that got us to that game.
    Wallster ><((((>

papala

Come on!!! All the credit none of the blame. Without the INT they could have at least tried a 50 yd field goal. Did you not see him throw the interception? Ya you will say how tough he was and I would agree but you wouldn’t see Manning make that throw.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Favre is on WCCO right now live man does he look beat up I have nothing but respect for the man and the Vikes. Congrats to the Saints and good luck to them in the Super Bowl.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Come on!!! All the credit none of the blame. Without the INT they could have at least tried a 50 yd field goal. Did you not see him throw the interception? Ya you will say how tough he was and I would agree but you wouldn’t see Manning make that throw.

And what would have T Jack done in that situation.

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

I saw him throw it. He made a huge mistake trying to make a play to put his team in a position to win the game. Maybe he wouldn’t have had to try and make a play if we hadn’t been flagged for 12 guys in the huddle, or if we hadn’t gone ultra conservative once we were within range of a 50 yard field goal, or if we hadn’t fumbled twice in the red zone, or fumbled inside our own 20, or tackled on the opening kickoff of the second half, or called tails on the overtime coin toss (c’mon, tails never fails!!), or …….

kris_brantner
    My river

coot, you guys lost. would you like a tissue? there is a reason farve in the int. king. anyone remember this pass? 3 guys WIDE open, and who does he throw it to? the whole team lost the game well before farve threw the int. he just sealed the deal

northstar42
    west central Minnesotsa

The rest of the team let Favre down. He would not have taken such a beating if the line had protected him or the other players hung onto the ball. As bad as he was beat up, he still hung in there and made a game of it right to the end. I never thought the Vikings should have brought him in for the season. My hat is off to the man. Vikes had a great season because of him.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

You cannot blame Favre.. Sure he should have ran it or threw it away.. I blame the play call.. WIth what was happening all game DONT put yourself in the possition to make a mistake.. Kneel it if you have to. Just give yourself a chance. 56 yarder,, at least it’s a chance

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Quote:

Maybe he wouldn’t have had to try and make a play if we hadn’t been flagged for 12 guys in the huddle

I forgot about that one, isn’t the QB’s job to tell how many people are in the huddle ?? isn’t that why the qb’s stand to the side and are the last one in the huddle?? when a player comes into the game the QB is supposed to stand aside so there is not 12 men in the huddle.

Favre 28/46 for 310yds 1td 2int 1 fumble QB rating 70.0

3 of the 5 turnovers were on him

And one costly flag to put them out of FG range

Ya great game

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

coot, you guys lost. would you like a tissue? there is a reason farve in the int. king. anyone remember this pass? 3 guys WIDE open, and who does he throw it to? the whole team lost the game well before farve threw the int. he just sealed the deal

Someone needs to let something go. I think I am starting to understand some angst on the other side of the river. Keeping things bottled up, living in the past. That’s no way to live.

They may have ‘statistically’ credited that fumble to Favre, but I hold Peterson responsible for that.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

It was a wonderul season. Too bad it had to end that way. It was a fun ride while it lasted though.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.