Best State Park for Camp/Fish Combo?

• jumpndaboat
    Barneveld, WI

Hello All.

I think a great post would be to find the BEST Camping/Fishing combination state park in MN or WI. What does everyone think?

In my opinion, I am from the SW corner of WI and camp frequently in Governor Dodge State Park. The park has 2 lakes good for a variety of fish including monster muskies, LM bass up to 7 lbs and great panfishing.

The campgrounds are very nice with some sites on the top of bluffs that overlook the lakes. One of the largest state parks in WI as well with around 300 sites. Great place for a summer weekend.

They say variety is the spice of life, so lets get some opinions, what is your favorite location to camp and fish?

L8r,

JumpNDaBoat

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Wyalusing State Park is my fovorite. I haven’t been to a lot of parks but this one is right down the road and has a launch right into the Mississippi with the Wisconsin River just a short jaunt up stream.

There are showers for all campers in the the Homestead campground. A dumping station for camper holding tanks is near the entrance to the Homestead campground. Firewood may be purchased at the park concession stand.

The Mississippi and Wisconsin river backwaters offer excellent fishing for panfish, bass, northern pike, and walleye. There’s an accessible fishing pier at the boat landing.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

There are some real nice State Forest campgrounds on the North end of Big Winnie and Cutfoot Souix in Minnesota that are nice to stay at. From there you can access Big and Little Winnie and Cutfoot. Another added benefit is that you are close to good eatin’ and drinkin’ establishments!

2Fishy4U

Merrick State Park, just north of Fountain City, WI. Great fishing on the Mississippi and a bit less crowded then the previously mentioned parks. The upper campground has a nice shower/bathroom facility, while the lower campground is on the river.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.