now doesn’t this look fun…..

• Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

well, since there doesn’t seem to be a carp hunters forum around here anywhere(hint..hint….James ) i thought i’d post this new little toy i found right here. just think of all the fun you could have with one of these babies. nothing like shootin a bunch of ruffies for the smoker . and the best part is, it’s only $59.99……what a deal. i think i’ll get 2

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

…………sorry guys, but i’m really bored and this ice stuff is driving me crazy

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I hear ya Jake! I needed a little break from reading resumes..(yawn) today..(if you read enough, they can really put you to sleep). Our company is all about self improvement. This is what I found after a short search…

PS..rumour has it that the DNR will be giving away a crossbow with each boat license bought for the battle of the bighead carp..Jake…I’de hold off.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

i don’t get it???

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Geat picture brian. That the way i look in the mirror with a minnow bucket in my hand and see the stringer full of ??

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

i look in the mirror with a minnow bucket in my hand and see the stringer full of ??

MD? You mean what I’ve been seeing on my stringer isn’t real???? HEY WADE!!!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

some days i can only imagine fish on mine brian, i guess yours are real, too much ice here, or wind or excuses. Man i can hardly wait till spring.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

hey buddy, come here…. wanna buy a watch

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

hey Jake, that looks like it run on 109 octane and nitrous oxide. That would drill em at 40 yrds!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Ive go to repost a message that i left a letter out of the rirst word. The first word should have been thats not that. My message should have read thats the way i look in the mirror with a minnow bucket in my hand and see a stringer full of ??. ?? being walleyes. I couldn’t figure out what brian was saying and i relooked at what i typed. It’s amazing what one letter can do. I hope you didn’t take it personal brian but i see how it could have been read. Whew! time for a full stringer lol

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

Jake, Great Idea! That would be a blast. Is it legal? I want one. I was going to make a longbow in my woodshop this winter for shootin carp. Never done it before. Cross bow like that would be the best though.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Ive go to repost a message that i left a letter out of the rirst word. The first word should have been thats not that. My message should have read thats the way i look in the mirror with a minnow bucket in my hand and see a stringer full of ??. ?? being walleyes. I couldn’t figure out what brian was saying and i relooked at what i typed. It’s amazing what one letter can do. I hope you didn’t take it personal brian but i see how it could have been read. Whew! time for a full stringer lol

Being the amature typer and horrable spellor that I am…I take nothing personal on this board. (Except for fishing tips) Even if there was a direct attack, it’s generally a miss comunication. If that makes any sense. Words lack the emotion of the person typing them.

More importantly, I’ve met you two and besides being bass fisherman, I think you guys are swell! I think there will be a time that I’m going to pay for that! (MD see PM)

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I know what your saying Brian, were all made from the same spuds and bread and butter, when we got it lol

carptracker
    Missouri

As I mentioned in the Asian carp thread, you can shoot silver carp out of the air with a bow, and it is really a blast. A crossbow might be cool for that, because you wouldn’t have to hold it in the pull position while you are waiting for the carp to jump (there is no time to pull and then shoot if you are shooting fish out of the air). On the other hand, when trying to jumping silver carp, you get get a lot of shots, and you miss a lot. If a crossbow takes a longer time to cock, then you might get a lot less shooting in. At any rate, I can vouch that shooting silver carp out of the air is doable, and it is a real hoot. But it is dangerous – more fish are likely to jump into the boat than you actually hit with the bow and arrow, and the fish are large and they hurt when they hit, and they hurt your electronics or anything else they hit. There is the possibility of someone getting hurt bad by a jumping fish, and that doesn’t even count the chances of shooting your buddy on a passing shot.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.