Iowa Lic. Increase

• smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

Thank you State of Iowa for the 26% increase in Hunting/Fishing Lic. this year!!!???

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

What is the increase? How much are they up to? Haven’t got mine yet. Good thing I am not fishing today. Thanks for the reminder!!

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

I noticed that too sucks thank god my girlfriends mom does fishing and hunting license @ our court house she always gives me hunting and fishing license for christmas gifts

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Iowa license is good thru the 10th of January if I remember correctly.

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

Yup…..good until the 10th but hunting/fishing/stamp== $50.00.

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Oh well, what do you do? Pay it, just like I will. Maybe they will buy the pheasants some food, with all the snow??

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

$50…hmmm, that’s about what it costs to fill my truck with gas one time. The other night my wife and I went to the movie, $13, two greasy pop corns with two small sodas $8, out to eat at an inexpensive place to eat $17 with tip= $38. I get a LOT more for my $50 license, even on my retirement income. Then, I still have to get my nonres. Minn, and Wisc. fishing license.

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

I agree. I know what the $50 is gonna get me! I still but my MN nonresident

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Any idea what a non-res. fishing lic. will cost? I may have to go back to buying one from WI.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

That really dose not bother me abit. The Dnr here dose an excelent job with there parks and boat landings here. Plus we have an abundance of Public hunting land here that is the best I have seen in any state. Kinda nice to see what my money goes too. Hard to put a price on something I love to do , and most take for granted. Right down to the bike trails I ride on that you do not have to have a season pass to ride.

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

Can’t find the nonresident cost. I went on line as if I was going to buy a lic to see the cost. Think they need to start charging for the use of the bike trails.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Thats what some of that money from your lic. goes towards. Plus the up keep of the parks, boat landings and etc. Really not to expensive for a year of enjoyment. Just look what a shad rap cost I bet, I have well over 100 of them. Plus rods, guns etc. If it wasnt for the fees we would not have what we have today here in the state of iowa. Heck I know in most states you have to have a permit to even drive in there state parks. Kinda nice we dont here. We could quit paying the fees and not have the up keep and great resources we do have.

stevenoak

Not alone.Ill lic’s going up 10 to 50%.I wouldn’t care if the money would stay in DNR,but in the past our ”State Outlaws”have robbed it blind.My res. lic has always been my biggest complaint.Wi,Mo,Sd,Nd,Ia.etc all have more to offer.Down state and Chicago gets what little hits the ground.I would rather pay three to five times as much in a state that treats outdoors as an asset

herb
    6ft under

The new 2010 Ia. fishing regulations don’t show an increase over last year, but I know they have gone up. They will probably put out a revised edition pretty soon. I’ll see what I can find out.
    I really don’t ever complain about the cost of fishing and other outdoor pursuits in this state, but I wish they would spend a little more of the money to cater to the people who actually pay the fees.
    The shortage of wardens is my no. 1 concern, followed by getting a curtesy dock at our boat landing in Louisa county. We’ve never had one and looks like we never will. They can come up with all sorts of excuses for not having one and we can shoot them all down to no avail.
    They seem to find millions to spend inside the state. And yes, if they are going to be involved building bike and hiking trails, there needs to be some sort of fee system implemented for this, simply because they are built with a lot of dollars from fees the hunters and fishermen pay, but lot of the folks using these trails don’t hunt or fish. Not all of course, but a lot. It’s only fair if everyone helps with the cost.

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

Quote:

Any idea what a non-res. fishing lic. will cost? I may have to go back to buying one from WI.

Tom, in the regulation book I have a Nonresident license is $39.50. I don’t know if that is an increase or not.

Ed

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Thanks for the link. from what I could see, the Non-Res. license went up $1.50. I guess I’ll have to live with it…..

gspeicher
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Will check it out at Gander Mountain when I go to get new license over the weekend. Spike

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

A non res Iowa bow license cost me $545…

$50 is cheap. Thats what I pay for a non res WI fishing license too.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

012 NR Fishing $41.00
    600 NR ATV Permit $17.50
    Convenience Fee $3.51
    Total Purchase Amount $62.01

Is the atv permit for trails or do you need one if you use your atv to move your shelter?

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

iowa resident is $17.50 trout stamp is $11.00 Non resident fishing is $39.50 and trout stamp is $13.50 but I also think theres like a $8.00 habitat fee not for shure on that can’t find my 2010 license goin out of 2010 fishing regulations for iowa

shaley
    Milford IA

Sounds like besides the license increase there may be state park closures to. IDNR is in bad shape and has been for a few years. We keep them running but it takes alot to run them. Sad that it has to come to this, I have several friends at the IDNR and all are dealing with cutbacks and limited budgets. I won’t be surprised to see cutbacks in stocking programs also, especialy on the muskie side.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

I got checking more into the bike trail thing. An guess what we do all pay for it. It comes from the State of Iowa general fund, and or road tax fund. Sorry about my ignorance on the subject. The money we spend on our Licsences goes to our parks , boat landings, lakes, public hunting. Also helps pay to build habitat for the wild life. An pays the wages of the men and women who take care of all this for us. I myself work for the public, such as the person that started this thread. So I know how important this money is, and so should he. You the people pay my wages and his, as tax payers. I am very greatful for what we have.

Good fishing and hunting to everyone and be safe.

herb
    6ft under

Don’t be gratefull to us Tony because you, just as everyone else pays those same taxes and fees.
    What I was eluding to is the fact if I want to drive my atv on the ice, on one of the public lakes in Iowa I have to pay a registration fee every year. If I want to operate my boat on any public waters I have to pay a registration fee.Same thing with vehicles on the roads, hunting and fishing, camping. yada yada It’s user fees/taxes. That is the best way to pay for what we have in this state I think. It would be nice perhaps if we as individuals could pick and choose what we pay for and designate where the money would be spent, but like you said most all of it goes to the general fund of the state. That’s why I feel if we are going to build bike and hiking trails, there should be some sort of user fee for those who use them. The cost of maint. alone can be very high.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Im greatful for the resources we have here. Yes I do pay the fees. An always will without a problem, I mean 50 dollars for a year of enjoyment and memories that you will the rest of your life is not much. A guy can drop that going out for a burger an a few beers real quick.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I know this is sort of off topic, but I wonder how many “tree hugging” programs are funded by us outdoorsman. I mean, so much of our license fees go to the state general fun. Those funds are then dispersed as a bunch fools feel necessary. I just wonder how programs that directly contracdict our basic “moto” are funded each year.

While we may argue bass, walleye, musky, deer, pheasants are the most important…I think we all want cleaner water, more/better access to public water and land. And most likely more stewardship over our resources. Yet, each year I bet a majority of the fees we pay the state go to many other programs.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

The 2010 resident fishing lic. is $19, the combo hunting fishing plus stamps is I think $50.

baldwin4
    NE IA

Quote:

Don’t be gratefull to us Tony because you, just as everyone else pays those same taxes and fees.
    What I was eluding to is the fact if I want to drive my atv on the ice, on one of the public lakes in Iowa I have to pay a registration fee every year. If I want to operate my boat on any public waters I have to pay a registration fee.Same thing with vehicles on the roads, hunting and fishing, camping. yada yada It’s user fees/taxes. That is the best way to pay for what we have in this state I think. It would be nice perhaps if we as individuals could pick and choose what we pay for and designate where the money would be spent, but like you said most all of it goes to the general fund of the state. That’s why I feel if we are going to build bike and hiking trails, there should be some sort of user fee for those who use them. The cost of maint. alone can be very high.

Plus now when you buy a ATV or snowmobile you have to pay sales tax. Where is that money going to?

herb
    6ft under

Non-resident Iowa fishing license for 1 year is 41.00 plus a .50 fee for the person making it out.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

….plus a .50 fee for the person making it out.

What if the person making it out is worth more than $.50…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.