Old and New Storm Wiggle Warts

• Steelie

First off, if anybody has any old wiggle warts they want to sell, send me an email with what you have and price. Secondly, I have heard that the new ’04 colors are possibly available. I heard they are in the similar original packaging but they will say ‘original series’ on the box below Storm. As we know, Rapala ruined the old Storms but I am curious to see the supposed new ‘old’ ones they are coming out with after it took them 4 years to figure out how bad they screwed-up. I have heard a couple different color sets but these are the latest numbers of the old wiggle wart color codes they are coming out with: 37, 38, 48, 59, 71, 74, 86, 90, 95, 101, 102, 209, and 210. Being a NW salmon/steelhead fisherman, only a few of the colors would do anything for me and as with most fisherman, I am faithful to what I know works and that is the old Storm’s, which I continue to buy as I come across them. As we know, Rapala is a bass outfit and that is what I think they will continue to focus on….not necessarily the colors that we use in the NW on salmon and steelhead. I think it will also be intersting to see how close the paints resemble the old ones. I know some of the colors they have now and some of the metallics are hitious compared to the old ones. Irregardless, I highly doubt Rapala will ever take the time, effort, and cost to reproduce all 150+ colors in the wiggle warts as Storm did. If anybody has any info or pictures of the ‘new’ old style ones for ’04, I would appreciate it!

Steelie

Steelie

Thanks and I have seen Dave’s lures. The Nitro should be great replacement for the old sticks….heck, he probably kept some old stick molds and a couple of the machines needed for them…LOL! But, being primarily a wiggle wart fisherman, I will stick with the old warts!

kwkfsh

Steelie, I probably have about 30 or so older Mag Warts (early to mid 90’s) that I may part with. I will check tonite and post what I have. These are all salmon colors orange, green, blue/chrome, pink/chrome, green/chrome. Many are still new in the box and some are already set up with bead chain and single Siwash hooks.

kwkfsh

Steelie, I took a quick look and came up with 22. 7 of these are still in the box. I have a few others scattered around and can probably come up with about 25. Let me know if you are interested. You did not leave your email.

Steelie

Thanks. I sent you a message here. Word I got from Rapala in Finland was that there are just 2 new colors in the warts for ’04…so who knows, I get a variety of stories. But, the only way they can produce the old ones is obviously with the old molds and the machines that go with them. I still don’t think they could ever match the old paints though. But anything would be better than the current 2-piece design (lips that pull out when a 20 lb. salmon hits like on other 2-piece lure designs) and paints.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.