Nascar Fans !

• birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Daytona is around the corner !

Who’s your favorite driver ? Past/Present/Future….

Mine are Dale Jarrett and Dale Earnhardt Jr…. and no one can forget Dale Earnhardt Sr.

bird

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Al,are they ever going to get Jarrett to drive the big brown truck?
    I sure do miss Dale Sr..I pull for Jr. and Dave Blaney.
    Ryan Hale

nate-cadwell
    Rochester, Mn

Dale Jarret and Jeff Burton all the way.
    and this is for you Jeff Gordan fans

glasspa
    lake city, mn

Bobby Labonte for this guy. Maybe we should get a yahoo fantasy league going. Fish in the morning and watch racing in the afternoon, don’t get any better then that.

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I’m in for a fantasy league….

Ryan, even though I am a Jarrett fan…. I wished he would just race the damn truck and get it over with…. sure hope they don’t show those commercials this year…. kinda getting old if you know what I mean…lol

Al

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

Dale Jarret and Jeff Burton all the way.

and this is for you Jeff Gordan fans

I was a J.Gordon fan long before he knocked D.E. Sr. out his 8th championship, and became a 4 time WC champ himself. It’s fun to pick a driver early in their career and just stay with them no matter what! I get a kick out of all the Gordon haters………..especially Nate! What does a guy who carries a Chubby in his pocket know about NASCAR picks?

I’ve grown to be a Hendrick’s stable fan so I also support T. Labonte (one of the classiest guys in the sport), Jimmy Johnson (possibly the first NC Champ?), and rookie Brian Vickers. J.J. gets a strong secondary rooting from me because Jeff has ownership in that team.

Predictions for the season? Keep an eye on Neuman! He could be the next guy we all “love to hate”!

Honorary mentions………guys I don’t mind when they win: Michael Waltrip, Ricky Craven, and Mark Martin.

Not against D.E. Jr., I’m just not on that bandwagon. Sr. was cool and had his place and I love the personna Jr. carries……..but I don’t get excited when he wins. I don’t dislike him, I do respect his talent and contribution to the sport, but I just can’t seem to root for him unless he’s blocking someone I can’t stand from a victory!

Guys that get on my nerves? Kevin Harvick, Bill Elliot, Kurt Busch, Jimmy Spencer, Johnny Benson, Tony Stewart, and MOSTLY……………..Robby Gordon! Most days I’m prayin’ for an engine failure or good enough wreck to take him out of contention. I visualize “punting” him, but I don’t wish injuries on any of the drivers so I become careful of what I ask for!

Here’s to seeing Boris Said running in the Bud Shootout and Jerry Nadeau continuing his therapy! May his return be a good one!

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Gotta agree with the Kid here, Jeff Gordon all the way. I too wonder why their is so much animosity (jealousy) aimed at Gordo. He’s an exceptional talent, and you can understand him when he talks! (Sorry Ward Burton fans) I am excited that NASCAR is going to the playoff type of format this year.
    Steve

Frontenac Man
    Lake City, MN

I don’t mind Jeff Gordon either, but unlike you kid, I do like Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewart, occasionally I’ll even cheer for Kurt Busch (when he ruffling Jimmy Spencer’s feathers!!)

I was glad to see Kenseth win the Championship being that he’s a local Midwest guy!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

I don’t mind Jeff Gordon either, but unlike you kid, I do like Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewart, occasionally I’ll even cheer for Kurt Busch (when he ruffling Jimmy Spencer’s feathers!!)

I was glad to see Kenseth win the Championship being that he’s a local Midwest guy!

They can keep it interesting with “colorful commentary” but when it turns to whining………… and often…………. I can’t take it and it gets on my nerves. Doesn’t mean I dislike them, their behavior just gets on my nerves from time to time so anytime they win (and all is rosy for the day), it just makes me want to reverse gears! As for Kurt…………he displayed so much disrespect that even the other drivers didn’t like to be around him. He’s learning the hard way that an ego unchecked is certain isolation. Maybe one day…………he’ll be off my “nerve list”, but open disrespect of other drivers, I’m sorry………… I’m not going to support that. That’s like patting a kid on the back for having a tantrum in the middle of a restaurant. Kurt deserved what Jimmy gave him……..but I’ve seen Jimmy do the same thing………and who’s gonna pop him one?

Is anyone going to stop DEI from another restrictor plate/Daytona dominance this year? Man, D.E. Sr’s influence sure is visible in that catagory!

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

I agree that Jeff Gordon is a great driver.He has been winning since a very young age.He has drove and won in many different types of cars.I just finished his book last week.I’m not a big fan of his but he is a very good driver.
    I pull for Dave Blaney because I’ve met him a few times at World of Outlaw events.He is a very nice guy.Those Sprint car drivers are crazy!!!
    Dale sr. was the best driver that I watched im my generation,it was fun to watch him drive.
    Ryan Hale

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Earnhardt sr. all the way,just not the same without him.Now I pull for harvick,little e,bobby or anyboby against roush .Don’t mind burton and kensth though,go figure.Not sure about newman yet.
    Waltrip looks fast at daytona so far,I have a feeling someone else is going to rise to the occasion though.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Getting the chance to know or meet professional, household names is pretty cool isn’t it! I’m sure if I “knew” the “nerve list”, I’d probably be more forgiving…………anyone of fame that I’ve ever met has always been quite down to earth and pleasant to be around. I haven’t met any racers at the Cup level yet but maybe I’ll get to do that before my time is up! My world is/was/is music and I’ve had the pleasure of “rubbing elbows” with some very accomplished people. I feel lucky to have known or met the ones I have.

Anyway, growing up………I had more exposure to Petty, Parsons, Yarborough, Pearson, Baker, Allison(s), and good ol’ DW…………..Darrell Waltrip. The announcers are right when they say most of the world doesn’t realize what a dominant talent Waltrip really was! Funny behind the mic and a madman behind the wheel, DW is one of my favorite classic drivers.

During the pursuit of music, I had an era in which I didn’t follow NASCAR as much as I had before and it was during that time that Earnhardt was so dominant. I liked his personality and commentary, but never got excited about his winning. Maybe it was because he was already so dominant, I didn’t feel like he needed another fan?………. I dunno! He certainly did a lot for the sport and made things interesting and often exciting!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Was a Rusty Wallace fan from way back, and always liked Kenseth because he was a Wisconsin guy and one of the new young guns. Switched over from Rusty to Matt as my “main guy” 2 years ago. It was great timing!! I still like ole Rusty and hope he can pull out a great comeback year this season.

Been to Talledega 4 times, but that is the only track I have been to.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I dont watch nascar…so my favorite:

Dick Trickle. nuff said.

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

I LIKE JEFF GORDON & KENSETH NOW IN THIS ERA. WAS A BIG DW FAN IN HIS DAY. HE DONE ME IN WHEN HE TEAMED WITH TOYODAA TRUCKS. LIKE CANDID KURT BUSH JUST BECAUSE OF HIS DEMEANOR TOWARDS MR. EXCITEMENT. LIKE MIKE WALTRIP BECAUSE I THINK HE WORKS VERY HARD FOR EVERTHING HE GETS. I CAN’T STOMACH ROBBY GORDON I DON’T THINK HE CAN’T GET PASSED BY ANYONE THAT HE DOESN’T HIT. NAEDAU SHOULDN’T COME BACK. JUST BECAUSE OF HIS HEAD INJURIES. NEWMAN COULD BE THE TALK OF THE TOWN BECAUSE HE IS AN ENGINEER THAT CAN COMMUNICATE WITH HIS CREW CHIEF.JUST WISHED HE RACED FOR SOMEONE OTHER THAN PENSKE. JOHN ANDRETTI WISH HE COULD FIND A GOOD RIDE. JUNIOR IS LIKE FINE WINE HE WILL JUST GET BETTER WITH AGE.I MISS SENIOR”E”. ALAN KULWICKI EVEN MORE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON’T THINK OF ALAN KULWICKI. (7)

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Yeah……..Alan Kulwicki was a great guy! I think of him, Davey Allison, and Neil Bonnett quite often. Big E stands out the most because he was such an icon in the sport. His name is synonymous with NASCAR. I hope Nadeau makes it back…………Craven worked long and hard to do so and is a great example of what can be done when patient but diligent. Nadeau is following Craven’s example. Park………I think he rushed back too soon and it hurt him. I hope he has a good year rebuilding his talents and confidence in the truck series. I’m not a Park fan, but I like seeing the drivers recoup when badly injured.
    John Andretti’s got a DEI car…………what do you mean “a good ride”? Look how DEI helped Waltrip! Andretti’s testing good at DIS so I hope it works out for him!

Deep down………….I wish Petty Ent. would get their act together again! It’s so depressing to see “the King’s” organization consistantly representing how NOT to get things done………….it’s just sad! Adam was their future and he’s gone so I don’t know where their tomorrow leaves but they need some BIG help…….like……….”yesterday” soon!!!!

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

YA, PETTY ENTERPRISES IS A SAD STORY. DON’T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THERE. THEY WERE ON THE BOTTOM WHEN ADAM WENT AWAY. I THINK THAT BURIED THEM EVEN DEEPER. SOMEONE SAID THEY DON’T PAY GOOD ENOUGH TO GET THE TOP TALENT EITHER. ALSO THE KING WON’T LET GO OF THE OPERATION. I HAVE SOME GOOD FRIENDS THAT KNOW THE PETTY’S VERY WELL AND THAT IS WHAT THEY SAY. ANDRETTI’S RIDE ISN’T FULLTIME IS IT WITH DEI. I THOUGHT IT WAS FOR ONLY FOR DAYTONA.

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

Have just started to follow NASCAR the last couple years guys I cheer for are as follows –
    1. Tony Stewart
    2. Bobby LaBonte
    3. Matt Kenseth
    4. Ryan Newman

glasspa
    lake city, mn

If I got it set up would anybody be willing to do a fantasy league if we got enough people to do it? I would do it on yahoo games and you would need to get a password for yahoo to do this. If enough want to do it I could get it going by tomorrow. You know how it is, a little clean fun and some trash talking among freinds. If you have any questions pm me or ask here and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Details! DETAILS!!!!

I’d be willing to do it for fun! As long as it’s time friendly, that’s about my only reservation. A little trash talk is fun too but we may want to keep that limited to private messages. As bad as I am at this, I recognize that banter can get old too. We had a group that did a friendly fantasy football league a while back and there were some who didn’t care to read about our matches, results, or “light hearted digs”.

This is not meant to point to any specific person or persons, as the only ones I’m aware of are no longer with us and for others that were in agreement, I don’t know who they were and it doesn’t matter anyway. I just want to make an effort to be respectful of those opinions.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

What do you guys think of the new points rules? Just skimming them over, it seems a bit dumb to me. I would have probably just left it the same, but given maybe 20 bonus points to the winner, instead of just an extra 5 over 2nd.

glasspa
    lake city, mn

There are 3 brackets of drivers and you pick 1 or 2 drivers from each bracket. You get points from first 4 starting spots and how your drivers finish in the race. Yahoo does all the scoring and totals. the easy way to understand is to go out to yahoo games and click on fantasy auto racing and read the rules. As for the trash talking and such they have a message area on the fantasy page so nothing would have to be posted anywhere on these links. If you think this is going to cause a problem lets drop it now and not another word will be said about it. As for time all you have to do is pick your drivers usually on Thursday before race and your done for the week.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I think it would be fun! I’m in. Just let me know when and were I need to go! Let the games begin!
    Me: You:
    Thanks,
    Steve

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

glasspa, I would get in if you get enough people.

My post above was about the NEXTELL Cup points BTW, not the fantasy league points, if that was confusing to anyone.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I don’t see a problem discussing what we’re discussing right now. No need to duck and hide…………. the FFL thing was of a different time and circumstance…….. what you’re suggesting here is actually quite a bit different than the total picture we were setting up then ………… so I don’t see a problem. I just thought it’d be considerate to prevent any possibility of repeated history. Chatting on the fantasy site is the way to go but we can discuss our set up on this thread.

Anyone else interested? How many participants do you/we need?

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

you can go out to nascar.com and you can play fantasy there for free. that is where i usually go and play. also you might want to check into bestfantasysports.com

shane

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Glasspa,
    I’m in for a league…. Let the Trash Talkin Begin !….

You have to look at it like this…. if there are people out there that don’t like to read the good ol fun of bantering or rib jabbing… well they don’t need to open up the thread is what I say….

bird

glasspa
    lake city, mn

Not enough people want to do this so I’m going to drop the idea all together.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

At least you tried!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.