Any Suggestions?

• Cisco
    Mankato, MN

New to the midwest and looking for some nice Ice fishing action near Mankato, MN. Anyone have any suggestions for Walleye and Crappie in this area? Thanks for any help.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Dusty,

For starters, you can check out our Southern lakes forum and dig around a bit at some previous posts and reports from that area.
    I do not hardly fish that area, so I would be of no help to you, but my guess you will have an answer shortly.
    Good luck on your walleye and crappie quest!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Madison Lake is one of the more productive bodies of water in that area in my opinion. Pretty good walleye and crappie populations. I typically did best fishing after dark in deeper water just outside the narrows.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

James hit it right on the head, Madison can be great. Early morning or from 4pm-8pm were always best for my dad and I. The narrows was always a good spot, but don’t forget the hump either. As the ice starts to rot, I had some great fishing in the shallow east end.

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

We usually targeted the area just outside the narrows on the deep side of the lake for crappies through the ice. When the ice was off (springtime) we hit some of the bars like cow bar & church bar on the shallower side of the narrows for crappie.

bassguy
    MANKATO

CISCO,
    I AM NO PRO, BUT I HAVE HAD SOME SUCCESS ON MADISON IN 27 FEET NEAR THE NARROWS ON GREEN JIGS AND CRAPPIE MINNOWS. EARLY MORNING IS GOOD, WITH ACTION AFTER 5PM ALSO WITH GLOW JIGS. I HAVE NOT BEEN TO WASHINGTON YET, BUT IN FRONT OF THIRD POINT AROUND THIRTY FEET HAS BEEN GOOD IN THE PAST. BASS LAKE, 15 MILES SOUTH IS A SMALL SLEEPER LAKE. I HIT SOME NICE CRAPPIES BETWEEN 4PM-8PM IN 16 FEET LAST THURSDAY, BUT SUNDAY, I ONLY CAUGHT PERCH.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

NE of mankato, at shieldsville, is Mazaska, has good crappies and quite afew year classes, fish over the deeper holes north of the south shore and keep moving around til you find them. Jack.

Cisco
    Mankato, MN

Thanks to everyone for all the help. Just finished the portable so the search will be a little more comfortable.
    Hopefully we can get on some more fish.

Tight Lines,
    Dusty and Cisco

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.