Greatest rock n roll band

• big-muddy
    Rockfalls, Illinois

Rolling Stones, Neil Young, Doors, Pink Floyd, CS&N, and of coarse the great Steve Earle.

drifter295
    Hastings MN

Saw the last live concert Bon Scott ever did with AC/DC, feb 12 1980 ladover center Baltimore MD. He drank over a quart and a half of Jack daniels after the show out in his motorhome, and didn’t have the reflexes to puke, and chocked to death….still have the ticket stub….they are the best, then maybe foghat

minnesota_tom
    Grand Meadow, MN

Nazareth, Springsteen, Eagles, and last but not least,AC/DC

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

Led Zepplin
    Boston
    Deep Purple
    Iron Butterfly

Mike Stephens
    WI.

R.E.O. Speedwagon–Keep on rollin

go-fish
    Mn.se metro

“RUSH”

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

The Beatles. I love all sorts of different groups; but if you are going to go by impact nobody else is even close. The Beatles did in 8 years what other bands couldn’t do in 40 and individually they had flashes of brilliance too. I absolutely love the Who; but there production averages out to about 1 album every 5 years.

Here is a little inside baseball: If Prince ever releases all the stuff he has in the vaults they will be releasing his CD’s into the next century. The guy is an absolute musical genius and the material everyone is familiar with is only a tiny fraction of what the strange little man has done.

dd

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Buck Owens and Roy Clark; She’s got a tiger by the tail can’t you see.

bigshoots30
    Sartell, MN

MOTLEY CRUE rates up there with the best! One of the best 80’s Rock Bands of all time!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

The Beatles were a Craze…. basically the first Boy Band…. They were big because they did more than music… they did movies, they did appearances on talk shows and drove the teenage girls nuts…. that’s why they sold so many albums. Then of course, the untimely death of Lennon, well that just martyrd them all… I really don’t classify their music as Rock N Roll either, to me it is Pop Rock at best….

big G

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

So are you gonna tell me that “Helter Skelter” and “Revolution” were pop songs? The Beatles did everything. And they did it well. That “craze” still does millions of dollars worth of business almost 40 years after it ended. There is a reason why pop music critics for years said, “This band is the next Beatles.” And there is a reason that none of those “next Beatles” never were.

dd

Hotrod2

Kiss
    Van Halen
    Pink Floyd
    Led Zeppelin
    Megadeth

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am not disagreeing on the “craze” they were all martyrd… they came in at the right time… the world was hungry for a exciting group like them…that said, there will NEVER be another AC/DC… nobody will ever compare another band to them… rightfully so 2 songs cannot make a Rock N Roll band….

big G

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

G I love AC/DC especially the Bon Scott early stuff. But you would have a hard time getting them ranked #1 in a poll. I think they could crack the top 10; but that doesn’t matter. What matters is people got millions of choices and can like whatever they want.

dd

big_g
    Isle, MN

I totally agree, there are some many different style Rock N Roll bands, there is something for everyone Who here has not owned Back in Black, in some form.. cassette or CD ? I have both… Crank that stuff up and watch the party begin…

big G

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Most if not all of the above and the King (Elvis)

rgoi812
    Good hour from whitewater

Peter Frampton (frampton comes alive 1976) wore out the cassette during the 5 day trip to Anchorage AK.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

One of my all time favorite songs!!!

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Great song Steve but that was Joe Walsh solo. He brought a lot of good stuff into the band with him.

dd

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Great song Steve but that was Joe Walsh solo. He brought a lot of good stuff into the band with him.

dd

Mike Stephens
    WI.

I’ve got that 8-track along with thick as a brick

marbleye2
    Eagle Lake, MN

Can’t believe I spaced off Jimi Hendrix! Wind Cries Mary, Little Wing, awesome songs.

nate-cadwell
    Rochester, Mn

Iron Maiden

Rammstien

White Zombie

Disturbed

Black Sabbath

Best for Last BEASTIE BOYZ

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Beastie Boyz are great! Except that they are now Beastie middle-aged-men….. But so am I.

dd

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Anybody remember “The History of Rock & Roll” that WLS in Chicago would play one weekend every summer back in the mid70’s? 3 whole days.
    Animal stories with Uncle Larry and Little Tommy?
    At 11:00pm evey night Little Rock Ark. Had Beaker Street and play only the flip side of the hot albums.
    Too many good ones to have a favorite. But I do like Santana. And you can’t leave out the Association

Herb. I’m with ya! After about 7-8 PM you could pick up WLS in the Twin Cities on the “Skip Waves” when the AM signal would bounce back down and land here off the atmosphere. Probably still can! Great tunes back in the 60-70’s!!!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

P.S. Unless I am guiding my friends,then we listen to gospel and have a 6 pack.

I still can’t stop laughing. One could assume you’re familiar with the lifestyle of one some of the recent graduates, eh?!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Quote:

P.S. Unless I am guiding my friends,then we listen to gospel and have a 6 pack.

I still can’t stop laughing. One could assume you’re familiar with the lifestyle of one some of the recent graduates, eh?!

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 160 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.