Greatest rock n roll band

• holennet
    Park View, Iowa

Bad Company, The Who, Lou Reed, Janis Jopplin, Doors, Eagles.

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

okay well if you want to start. Start at the beginning.. none of these guys would be anything at all if not for a guy who was banned.. who was ridiculed.. who is the father of all todays music..

Pete Seegar.. because He turned folk music into protest music.. and he put real thought and feeling into songs..

He generates, Bob Dylan.. and all the like.. and from Dylan comes John Lennon.. and Tom Petty..

and CCR..

so take a minute and tip your hat or your favorite car stereo to Pete Seegar..

the father of it all..

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

who wouldn’t have liked to been a fly on the wall when Bob Dylan says to John Lennon, hey, when you write a song, have it say something important, instead of be bop alluma..

and that changes history..

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

The Beatles are the most over rated band ever. Personally can stand any of thier stuff.

I have had enough of the music constanly pumped out by KQ and like stations. Enough already!!! Yea, there was some good stuff produced back then. But after hearing it a half million times, it just don’t work for me anymore!

I have always been a metal fan. So AC-DC and Metallica are at the top of the list. And by the way Metallica is at the top of thier game right now!!!

-J.

ssaall

Carpenters/Lawence Welk …….. thanks BK (Dean)

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Question being do you want the greatest R&R band or what we think is our favorite.

Greatest would have to go to the Stones with out a doubt.

My favorite…that’s a long list, but Fleetwood Mac would rank right up there, considering they’ve sold over a 100 million records, somebody else must like them too..:)

To many great groups to name just one though.

Al

bigpike

Don’t know if there the greatest- but if you are suggesting who my favorite was growing up- Lynyrd Skynyrd hands down. Might have to throw on a little Swamp Music and go catch me a lil bream. Or The Ballad of Curtis Lowe. Am I Losin’, Whiskey Rock a Roller. Tuesdays Gone. Things goin on. You got that right. Every mothers son. Double Trouble, Poison Whiskey, just to name a few…..

barc
    SE MN

Good station to tune into – streamed to the internet…
    KLCX Website
    Listen Live

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Zeppenlin
    Floyd
    Areosmith
    In that order

rmartin
    United States

Zeppelin!

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Being a product of the 80’s I’ve heard of some of this stuff……on the oldies stations.

My votes would lean toward:

Guns N Roses

Springsteen

Mellancamp (IDO name)

Van Halen

Def Leopard

ET

wheres_waldo
    The Big Pond

The Black Crowes. I saw somebody mentiones Neil Young. Nobody a fan of CSNY? Pearl Jam. Did you know they are the band that played on Neil Young’s “Mirror Ball?” Early Van Halen, Motley Crue, Floyd, Zep. I missed Alices Restaurant last week.

pockets
    Golden Valley, MN

No Rush fans out there? How long have they been around, and still putting out some decent stuff. Just caught their R:30 concert the other night on Pallidia…good show.

.mnmike
    red wing, mn

Come on there has to be some closet ABBA fans out there. My favorites include Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi when they were singing rock n roll, Bob seger and Springsteen, pearl Jam boy there is just so much good music out there.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

I have had enough of the music constanly pumped out by KQ and like stations. Enough already!!! Yea, there was some good stuff produced back then. But after hearing it a half million times, it just don’t work for me anymore!

Jon I agree with that same with 93X. So many great artists with SO MANY great songs and they play the same songs over and over. To bad they neglect the other good songs on the albums

METALLICA
    AC/DC

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

For pure Rock n Roll: Boston. The tightest most talented band ever.

Metal: Metallica

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Motley Crue, Poison, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi. Now that is some music.

stuart
    Mn.

Old days
    Black sabbath
    Black oak
    Deep purple
    Fog Hat
    Meatalica
    Zepplin
    ZZTop
    Doors
    Thats a couple I smoked the reefer to

Current
    God Smack #1 favorite now
    Disturbed
    Eminem
    Stained
    Everlast
    Cage the Elaphant
    P.O.D.
    A few I smoke the crack to now.

P.S. Unless I am guiding my friends,then we listen to gospel and have a 6 pack.

wheres_waldo
    The Big Pond

Molly Hatchet, Mountain, and Wierd Al Yankovic.

marbleye2
    Eagle Lake, MN

So many bands so little time…

Rush
    Zeppelin
    Foo Fighters
    Weezer
    Cake
    System of a Down

The top two I would say are among the greatest…the others I just like to crank.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Did nobody mention Bob Dylan? Born and raised in Minnesota? Come on guys! Also, The Beatles, CSNY, The Band, Creedance Clearwater Revival, The Marshall Tucker Band, Neil Youn on his own, Clapton, the Rolling Stones weren’t too shabby. I would have to say they are the top cookies in my jar. The Doors and Zeppelin would be up there too.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I wouldn’t consider Dylan rock.

-J.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Quote:

-J.

Come on now Jon, Highway 61 Revisited could be, arguably, the greatest rock album ever. Like a Rolling Stone, that song just chills my spine. And Blonde on Blonde, no love.

bigpike

I am a closet ABBA fan- there I am out of the closet man that feels good

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Just one? The Who!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

-J.

I would agree, when I hear the word Rock and Roll, Dylan, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, The Moody Blues, Neil Diamond(especially) and the likes, fall in a different catagory in my book. Same with, I hate to say it but, when I hear Lynyrd Skynyrd, I think of Southern Rock… different than Rock and Roll to me Don’t get me wrong, I love their music

big G

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Quote:

Just one? The Who!

Slipped on by me:) Good call!

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I think Rock is kind of an all encompassing word. By those standards, Metallica would be metal and not rock. Nirvana would be grunge and not rock. Where does the definition stop?

The Rammones would be punk, and not rock. Dylan and Petty would be Folk Rock. It’s never ending. This is a no win argument. It is interesting to see everybody’s taste in music though.

I listed some softer stuff earlier. For me it changes so often. One day it will be the Eagles, the next it will be Rage Against the Machine. I guess a lot depends on my mood. If I’m up on pool 4 fishing sumo Saugers in the fall, I can’t seem to get Black Betty by Ram Jam out of my head.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

But is rock and roll, same as heavy metal or any of the other rocks or rolls… At any rate lots of good stuff, I see no one mentioned Supertramp.

Mark

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 160 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.